New Activ Owner - Sydney

Please Introduce Yourself Here.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:13 pm

aspir3 wrote:Sorry dont believe you.

Rule No.1 Pictures or it did not happen :D .

I'll take better pictures on the weekend. Only managed to take one on my phone this morning before leaving it with my dad.

STACYS wrote:Free Sat Nat? lucky you!

Thought it was going to be a cheap no-name one, but it's a 5'' Uniden Trax 5000. Playing around with it now, trying to find a signal.

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:18 pm

Hi Guys,

Been reading the forum for a month, first time to reply.. just taking it all in :)

Activ owner myself since May 10 (when I picked up the car from Suttons in Arncliffe).

Cost me exactly $25,600:

Activ Sedan CVT (Effect Grey Metallic)
Leather Seats
SatNav (Garmin Nuvi 265T)
Lancer Mats
Front Tint
Car Alarm
Reverse Parking Sensor

A complimentary full tank of gas plus $200 Petrol Voucher (cause it took them a long time to make the car available so they gave me that, I didn't even ask for it).

Just installed my windvisors today, the tutorial I read on the forum was really a big help also just had my first service (1,500kms).

I could have probably bargained a bit more but it was my first car and am very inexperienced and I was just so excited I just took what ever I could get.

Hopefully I would be able to attend the next NSW meet.

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:27 pm

BTW the reason why I don't have a picture yet is because I'm having a bit of a problem making the pictures fit the requirements :(

Not too good with this sort of thing :)

Reason why it also took me a long time to post, wanted to have an avatar uploaded first... But just couldn't resist the all the Activ talk...

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:35 pm

Thanks Stacys!!! I'm trying it now!

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:37 pm

Quixand wrote:Just installed my windvisors today, the tutorial I read on the forum was really a big help also just had my first service (1,500kms).

How long did it take for you to receive those visors?

That price for the Activ and those features is pretty awesome. I think it's the best value for what you get in any small car.

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:45 pm

Hey!! I got my avatar up!!!!!!!

Thanks again!!!!

Really? I've always thought I overspent cause I went in there looking to only spend $21,990 :)

I ordered my visor online last 18th of June... got my little note from Austpost last Friday (25th) but I only claimed it today.. It was shipped from Singapore... it actually looks more sporty than the CJ Visors from Mitsubishi and I got the full set (front and rear windows)... cost me USD80 including shipping.

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:56 pm

Quixand wrote:
Really? I've always thought I overspent cause I went in there looking to only spend $21,990 :)

I ordered my visor online last 18th of June... got my little note from Austpost last Friday (25th) but I only claimed it today.. It was shipped from Singapore... it actually looks more sporty than the CJ Visors from Mitsubishi and I got the full set (front and rear windows)... cost me USD80 including shipping.

Well that's the sticker price for the white one with manual. They usually hook people in with that sort of stuff and start adding things like auto and metallic paint :P

Those visors definitely look sporty, but I'm still wondering how practical it is. I guess for that price, if it doesn't work out too well, I can go back to the OEM ones.

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:09 pm

True that!!! But definitely it all worked out for the better regardless of the added cost!!! Although the reverse sensor still cramps my style hahaha!!! Still have to rely on my instincts regardless of that freakin noise... sorta makes you panic a bit... but if I know I can fit then I can fit the hell with the noise.

And the leather seats was really a big throw in!!! CJs already have the meanest exteriors but then the leather seats helps extend that to the interior..

Honestly Dannyboi, try the visors, it really does make the car look meaner than it already is.... my next project would be since the Activ already has side air dams I looking to make my front and rear match it.

Still looking around right now for a good deal, if not I'll probably just buy from the dealer.

Quixand
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Quixand » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:14 pm

Would really love to go.. unfortunately I don't get off work till 7pm.

I'll make sure to attend the next one.

hotlanc
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby hotlanc » Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:26 pm

Welcome to clubCJ Danny enjoy your Active
Wicked White MY10 Mitsubishi Lancer VRX

dannyboi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby dannyboi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:32 pm

Quixand wrote:True that!!! But definitely it all worked out for the better regardless of the added cost!!! Although the reverse sensor still cramps my style hahaha!!! Still have to rely on my instincts regardless of that freakin noise... sorta makes you panic a bit... but if I know I can fit then I can fit the hell with the noise.

Honestly Dannyboi, try the visors, it really does make the car look meaner than it already is.... my next project would be since the Activ already has side air dams I looking to make my front and rear match it.

Still looking around right now for a good deal, if not I'll probably just buy from the dealer.

I haven't tried the sensors, but dad reckons they're useful. I think it's a good tool to have to enhance your skills, as opposed to replacing it.

Yeah I've decided to get those X-Factor visors. Just waiting for them to respond to my order though.

You don't really notice those side skirts, but once you park up against a normal ES, they really stand out. I'll be interested in seeing how you go with those front and rear parts.

stafi
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby stafi » Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:12 pm

Hi everyone,
New forum user from Sydney, I own a white Aspire have done so for the past 12 months gotta say I was a fan of large cars before but after the lancer (initially meant for the missus) wouldn't go back.

- Jim

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”