bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:44 pm

Dire wrote:
bd-850 wrote:Lancer Sedan - 400-litre
Lancer Sportback - 344-Litre

What?
The sportback is the same length and has the seats in the same place, it just has the window further back basically, making it a hatch.
How can it have less space? :?

Thats just what i got off the net, maybe it has to do with the floor in the SB, im not sure, never really looked at the two side by side

Gleno
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Gleno » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:05 pm

Welcome to the club :D What type of warranty does the Suby have?? CAn it match Mitsubishis 5/10 powertrain warranty??
To me warranty is important especially if your planning on keeping the car for more than 5 years.
But each to there own,and good luck with whatever you decide on
And good luck with your studies hope it goes well :)

Glen

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Actually I think I figured it out, the number is probably from when the SB's REMOVABLE parcel shelf is in, negating the extra space from the repositioned window. All the extra plastics would take up some space too (the weird side compartments. And I wonder if that was with the adjustable floor lowered or not?).

The main advantage of SB's are the folding seats. You can fit larger individual objects in a SB.

Put the floor UP, take the shelf out, pull the handles to drop the seats. You have a flat surface half the length of the car to put things in :)
Anything smaller than a couch I'd say. The roof height/non-vertical window is the main limitation.

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:12 pm

cant find a volume of the SB with the seats down but the Subaru is 774L so i would say the Lancer would have to be around that.

So if you want to carry alot of stuff look at the Sportback

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:24 pm

Impreza hatches are just chopped sedans to my eyes? SB's are more like a wagon.

I looked at impreza's. They cost more (like $3k? Which is a lot in this price range), and all they had that lancer's didn't was AWD (this was ages ago).
Except to me AWD is useless on a car like that. If you're driving so hard in the rain that you need it you're being stupid. All it does to me is slow the car down and make it heavier *confused*

You could even forget the specifics. Just look at how many lancers there are versus how many subarus.

ripflare10
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby ripflare10 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:09 pm

Welcome to the club Justin :D

You were like me a few months back tossing up between the Lancer and the Impreza. I had my eyes on the Impreza for ages and even told a few people thats the way I was going to go. Then I test drove it and instantly fell out of love. As Jake pointed above it is a lot heavier with the AWD and it drove me mad when driving.

Just little things like at the lights, for a smaller car compared to the Lancer it took a lot more time to get to 60. (Which is something you may not mind but personally it did). And even then being a 2.0L it just didn't feel big enough for the car after that. Then there was price.For the base model I could get the Lancer SX and add a few extra accessories and still come under the Impreza's price. Not only did this lead me to the Lancer but when I went for the test drive I instantly fell in love with it and could see myself driving it.

If you want ideas on model depends on what you want in your Lancer. Mine is the SX which is the one above the Base model ES. You get a couple of luxuries eg: Spoiler, Alloy Wheels ('16'), Leather Steering Wheel, Chrome exhaust tip and Audio controls on the steering wheel. I'm sure the others can tell you about there models.

All I can say is a car is really personal taste. A car can look good to you on paper and get great reviews from friends and family but its the test drive that makes your final decision. Take both for a test drive. Even test drive cars your not looking at so you can get a taste for your price range and compare.

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:14 am

ripflare10 wrote:Welcome to the club Justin :D

You were like me a few months back tossing up between the Lancer and the Impreza. I had my eyes on the Impreza for ages and even told a few people thats the way I was going to go. Then I test drove it and instantly fell out of love. As Jake pointed above it is a lot heavier with the AWD and it drove me mad when driving.

Just little things like at the lights, for a smaller car compared to the Lancer it took a lot more time to get to 60. (Which is something you may not mind but personally it did). And even then being a 2.0L it just didn't feel big enough for the car after that. Then there was price.For the base model I could get the Lancer SX and add a few extra accessories and still come under the Impreza's price. Not only did this lead me to the Lancer but when I went for the test drive I instantly fell in love with it and could see myself driving it.

If you want ideas on model depends on what you want in your Lancer. Mine is the SX which is the one above the Base model ES. You get a couple of luxuries eg: Spoiler, Alloy Wheels ('16'), Leather Steering Wheel, Chrome exhaust tip and Audio controls on the steering wheel. I'm sure the others can tell you about there models.

All I can say is a car is really personal taste. A car can look good to you on paper and get great reviews from friends and family but its the test drive that makes your final decision. Take both for a test drive. Even test drive cars your not looking at so you can get a taste for your price range and compare.

Thanks, i did read somewhere that the Impreza is less powerful than the Lancer (not by much though) but i guess ill have to test drive both cars to get an understanding of which one suits me better.

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:49 am

Another question, if i may ;)...

I find the stock taillights to be quite dull, where can i get a pair of ralliart or similar looking taillights from?

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:20 am

Sorry for the triple post buuuuuuuuuuuttt..

I bought my first Lancer yesturday :) A blue 08 CJ VR. I'm very excited XD

Alileighju
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Alileighju » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:55 am

Congrats on your purchase Justin! :)

I'm sure you'll love your new Lancer. As for tail lights do you mean new LED tail lights like a few members here have? There is an eBay seller who sells them for pretty cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390204385722&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I am going to pick mine up today so I'll tell you about the quality etc.

Ali.

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Sun Feb 06, 2011 12:07 pm

Alileighju wrote:Congrats on your purchase Justin! :)

I'm sure you'll love your new Lancer. As for tail lights do you mean new LED tail lights like a few members here have? There is an eBay seller who sells them for pretty cheap.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390204385722&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I am going to pick mine up today so I'll tell you about the quality etc.

Ali.

Thanks.

I was leaning towards the OEM Ralliart Style ones or the newer Lancer lights (with the black back, instead of the red ones which come stock on mine), but i would consider the LED lights.

I'd love to know the quality of the lights. Also, are these ADM approved?

Justin

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:02 pm

Just keep an eye on the For Sale forums if you're looking for a set of used Lancer tail lights from a newer model. They'll be circa $300 which is pretty much the price of the LED ones but they aren't officially approved or anything.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

JustinR
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby JustinR » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:32 pm

For those interested, i picked up my 08 Lancer VR on Monday. I am one happy owner :)

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:47 pm

Thats Great Justin ....Enjoy Your new Lancer :D (cj-blue)
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”