Postby lancerdarryl » Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:16 pm

Welcome to the Club Sean
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR

"Don't back off until you hit something"

sklancer
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby sklancer » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:55 am

sklancer wrote:[quote:b6ba930b32=Seffy]TIL a 4G69 throttle body works on a 4B11. How much work did you have to go through for that to work? Welcome to ClubCJ. Enjoy your stay. :)[/quote:b6ba930b32] Not much at all. Its better to have a aftermarket intake since the boots have to fit over a bugger throttle body. I think our stock ones here are like 55mm and the 4g69 and like 60mm. Not a lot but enough. I got a used one off a member of club 4g thats a eclipse forum when I had a 08 spyder. I cleaner the used one was in good shape and semi polished it with these polish wipes. Than I swaped the black box off the stock throttle body and had to cut a few notches to make it fit right on the 4g69. I needed one longer hose for the stock coolent going into the new throttle body. I didnt wanna do a bypass since it does get very cold here in the winter. either way you going to spill some coolent with these hoses. had the battery disconnected plug it back in and let it ran for like ten mins the rpm jump up and down. shut it down and fired it back up and it was closer to stock rpm. drove it kinda easy for like 100 miles and everything has been fine. You deff can feel a diff when your wide open and when you rev it or shift you can here a little more growl from it lol. deff worth the lil bit of time and money. Will not make it run to lean and no need to match the intake manfoild since its plastic and I didnt wanna go to lean. way easer than it sounds and less complicated. just have to be carefull with the open intake when the bodys are out and the gaskets. I found a how to from 9glaners. If anyone needed help or questions ill be more than happy. Only issues I came across from it is that when im in neutral coasting down a huge long hill on the way to work it revs a lil abouve 1000 rpm when stock it use to be under. But that might mean my computer just has to learn it more. No other down sides. love the cheap mod. Ill post a link to the how to.

That night on the way to work the rpms dropped to where they use to be while in neutral lol computer must of finally learned the new throttle body fully. :) so no issues what so ever no leaks or lights.

merlin
Alumni
Alumni

Postby merlin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi Sean,
why the piggyback when you can (more) easily tune the stock ECU and get better fueling, way better MIVEC and tuned spark tweaks?

sklancer
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby sklancer » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:11 am

The timing controller is one simple plug in. With a full tune I would hafta get a certain cable if I do it by email so pay for the tune and cable which is a lot more than just the timing controller or send them my ecu which equals down time with the car and shipping prices. and if I ever need to go to the dealer for something major that makes for a big headache.

sklancer
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby sklancer » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:15 am

On another note swapped out my stock gear oil about 25000 miles and two years old on in. for redline synthetic. Stock fluid was kinda bad but I deff glad I didn't wait till 30000 miles like the book says. I also installed a grounding wire kit. Havnt drove the car much since to get a feel for things but I will soon.

Return to “NEW MEMBERS”