Lancer Interior Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Should I be worried?

Postby Metalstrix » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:25 pm

Hey guys

I have some questions regarding some parts in the interior of my car.

Red Screen - I'm referring to the screen that tells you your gas levels and kilometres in the drivers seat. I filled up my car the other day and the red screen displayed that I had 370Km on it, then 2 minutes later, it goes 400km, and then goes up to 420k, and then back down to 404 or something like that. My point is, that the gas levels consistantly goes up and down even though I've driven 3km. Should I be worried about this? Or is the gas going up and down as I drive?

Another Angel eye question - I'm loving my new angel lights. There's one slight problem though. In order for me to use my daytime running lights and the ring halos, I have to turn on my dim lights and my full beam headlights on. This is a problem because my tail lights turn on as well, including the brightness of my radio screen going down. Is it possible to wire an angel light with the blinker so that, I can keep the DRL and the halos on all the time? Or keeping the radio out of the circuit of the blinker? Hope that makes sense.
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

bunnishiwa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby bunnishiwa » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:47 pm

The distance you can travel is calculated on your driving. If you drive sedately, with minimal stop/start (say 100kph on a freeway) then fuel economy & distance a tank will go increases. Driving in a spirited fashion does the opposite. True fuel comsumption can be found by dividing kms travelled by liters when you fill up. It doesn't take long to get a reasonable feel on how many km's you can do per tank

Angel eyes can be wired sperately to your side lights, or to a seperate switch if you so desired. Either read up through this forum & others (and youtube) or see an auto electrician (with a full wallet) if you're not too confident
- Self tuned - work in progress - tune revision #16_03
- GS 3 port controlled wooooot :)
- Lowered on Kings
- Black Evo X FMIC/ Evo IX BOV/ Depo HFC/ UR UICP
- Awesome self installed Alpine/JL Audio sound system
- Whiteline Rear Swaybar

Noli Timere Messorem

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:04 pm

What kind of stupid way to wire lights is that, with the high beams?

You can wire anything to anything provided they're the same current, I'm not sure what you're asking.

And I don't know what lights you have but you should only use amber lights for indicators. And external lights should not be connected to anything internal.

As for your range, that sounds unusual to me. When I fill my car up, then start it to leave, my range has already updated to around 600km.

What range do you get out of a tank? And is your example after filling your tank completely? I can't tell if you're asking 'why is it only 400?' or just why its jumping around...

Your range screen can fluctuate dramatically due to driving conditions (eg getting stuck in traffic/being stationary vs. open road), especially if you reset your consumption screen as well. I have had my range screen display 250km when I still had 3/4s of a tank, and I've had it as high as 820km when I deliberately tried to see how high I could get it.
But if you fill it full it should not be only 400 or so I would think :?

And just to make sure, you aren't confusing your range screen with either of your 2 trip computer screens are you? The range screen only displays in tens, ie 400, 410, 420. Your trip computers display one decimal place eg 413.7. I only ask because you said 404km :)

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:10 pm

What kind of stupid way to wire lights is that, with the high beams?

You can wire anything to anything provided they're the same current, I'm not sure what you're asking.

And I don't know what lights you have but you should only use amber lights for indicators. And external lights should not be connected to anything internal.

Mate, I didn't make the thing. I bought a pair of angel lights which are "Direct & plugin". So I connected them directly to the old headlight inputs. This has nothing to do with the indicators. When I plugged these lights in. The DRLS and the Halo ONLY turn on when I turn my lights on as dim and the normal nighttime headlights. I wanted to know if I could re-wire anything in the car so that the DRLs and the Halos turn on without having to turn on my nighttime headlights.

Your range screen can fluctuate dramatically due to driving conditions (eg getting stuck in traffic/being stationary vs. open road), especially if you reset your consumption screen as well. I have had my range screen display 250km when I still had 3/4s of a tank, and I've had it as high as 820km when I deliberately tried to see how high I could get it.
But if you fill it full it should not be only 400 or so I would think

You answered my question. So it's not a bad thing that it changes. 400km was an example.
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

darren1011
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby darren1011 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:56 pm

If you have a CAI the range and economy will vary dramatically, mine goes from 88l per hundred at the second corner, to 5.9 on the freeway after about 20 mins, Around town in stop start and long idle periods, it goes thru the roof

Return to “Interior”