***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What is so unique about Blacking out the front bumper?

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:01 pm

The sports grille works with your colours, though I can't say it'd work too well on a car like mine, with the blue. The shade-colours (white, grey, black) I think work well, but the colours...I don't know if the sports grille would work so well.
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:52 pm

Tarquin wrote:
lukeaday wrote:I have looked at alot of the front bars on most makes of cars and see no place suitable to apply a bumper blackout. The one standout that would look good on the front of a CJ is the red pinstripe trim around the upper grill on the VW Golf.

Mmmmmm - That's an idea.... I've been photoshopping the front edges of the grill lattice in a red, to see how it would be...

From having a black CJ, I want to do something with this area - Just trying to work out a suitable colour... White would be too full on, but the grey is coming back to me.... Would liek to also match it with some rear vinyl either a boot protector or a trim of some sort...

If your interested I have a metallic grey vinyl that 95% matches the colour of the upper and lower grill surrounds.

I have also done a bumper blackout on a car from this club (can't remember who it was for the life of me) but they had a bit of a red trim around the upper grill surround which looked very trick!
Official ClubCJ Sponsor.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:08 pm

lukeaday wrote:I have also done a bumper blackout on a car from this club (can't remember who it was for the life of me) but they had a bit of a red trim around the upper grill surround which looked very trick!

The guy is cjsig.
The car though now is being driven by his younger sister. He's apparently buying a new car though hasn't quite decided what he's getting. But last time I spoke to him a 370Z was on the cards.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

lukeaday
Club Sponsor
Club Sponsor

Postby lukeaday » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:46 pm

Just remembered.
Cj's with vinyl bumper blackouts and chrome trim look kinda like the front of an audi
Official ClubCJ Sponsor.

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:17 pm

aspir3 wrote:Chrome works well especially with chrome surrounds grill IMHO.
Yes it does..

Envoke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Envoke » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:41 pm

On my way home from Uni on an intersection i had a guy literally halfway outside his car staring at my front end/guard area, even gawked at the stock 16 rims.

I think he was driving his excel to a mitsubishi dealer haha. I was freaked out though, literally 3 minutes uninterrupted, I drove off in a hurry.
Red goes faster. MUCH faster.

Return to “Exterior”