***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Mitsubishi Installers Melbourne

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

DTGriff
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Mitsubishi Installers Melbourne

Postby DTGriff » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:32 am

Hi Guys!,

Can anyone post up a Mitsubishi Garage that they have had OEM parts installed at, in the Melbourne area.

I am so sick of Mitsubishi, everytime I call whether it's for my spoiler, sideskirts, fog lights etc etc. I'm constantly being told 'Most people buy a VRX if they want this stuff'.

I find them so rude it's unreal and so it's hard for me to get quotes. I'm wondering if any of you have a garage who are actually happy to provide quotes for work such as this.

Any help is appreciated. Looking for Mitsubishi pref but if you know any body shops then let me know :).

Cheers!
Sportback... because everything sexy needs an ass!

Mod Thread: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=12562\

DTGriff
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby DTGriff » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:40 am

Well I just said, well I've bought my car and there's not much I can do now so... LOL

Edmi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Edmi » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:51 am

When I purchased my OEM VRX front pods and sideskirts I got them done at Knox Mitsubishi they were extremely helpful. You could always try Mitsubishi at Preston motors group which are a club sponsor so u might get a better deal. I can't believe Mitsubishi would tell you though to buy a vrx instead of supplying and fitting the OEM parts that's just stupid.
Last edited by Edmi on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:55 am

Speak to these [url=http://www.sinex.com.au/contact_us.php?osCsid=rnlvkeekjublovum2ialm7ib17
]guys[/url]

He will do the modification for you.
About A$100/hr for his time.

You can also go to a panel beater. They will do it for about A$120/hr of their time.

No Mitsubishi dealership will do add on mods for you especially if the parts are NON-OEM.

There are a couple of things you both need to get straight:
1. A Dealership is NOT Mitsubishi. It carries the logo and everything but its business name is something else e.g. Preston Motors / Penfold Motors.
No one there is employed by Mitsubishi.
So make sure you diss the right people.

2.If Mitsubishi priced their VRXs cheaper, who'd buy ES or VRs? then why stop there? price an Evo X cheaper. Logic doesn't quite work.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

DTGriff
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby DTGriff » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:09 am

Here's how the story went...

I called a Mitsubishi dealership in my local area and told them what I wanted, they put me through to the 'Parts' department and that's when I was refused the quote.

I have called different Mitsubishi's for installation quotes for my OEM products (I would never call Mitsubishi for installation of a 3rd party product).

If a company answers the phone as Mitsubishi then I will take them as Mitshubishi, hence my statement in my first post. My diss wasn't because they wouldn't install my parts, it was simply frustration at being told to buy a VRX if I wanted these parts. That in my opinion is poor customer service.

Price has never been an issue, it's more trying to get the quote in first place that has been an issue.

Cheers Irving, I'll give them a call this afternoon and get booked in.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:18 am

@Erin: We can only disagree as I pointed out before.

1. I said that Mitsubishi Dealers would NOT install NON-OEM parts. I didn't say the parts Dave was going to install were NON-OEM. (Assumption 1 on your part)

2. And I think you've missed the point.
There is a pricing policy which exists in the range of products being sold.
There may also be a policy from MMAL that they aren't allowed to do the modding on a lower level car to make it look like a higher trim. Remember awhile ago, MMAL refused to sell a RA front bar to anyone without a RA VIN.

Telling the guy at the shop: Not everyone can afford a VRX isn't going to help. If I were him, I'd say "Go cry to your mommy"
I'm only answering you on the same side of the coin you're using against the dealership guy.

And you're the one talking about affordability. I didn't raise it.

Also, I could afford an Evo. I made a conscious choice due to the other things happening in my life. Don't assume what applies for you applies for everyone else. (Assumption 2)

Helpful or otherwise, the Mits dealership guy is entitled to his opinion as you are entitled to yours.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:59 am

And similarly, I was addressing your comments:

It's childish to tell someone: "Not everyone can afford a VRX."
But "I want my car to look like VRX, so please install this"

This will never end.
You will come out with one other line to justify what you've said,
and I'll do the same.

End of the day, it just adds to the fact that I can never see eye to eye with most of the things you say and vice versa.

DTGriff
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby DTGriff » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:11 am

Well I feel this conversation has run it's course lol, I agree partly with both sides of the argument.

I've got 2 options.

Install myself with help from a plumber at work or wait for the body shop. I will weigh up the pros and cons :)

Thanks for the link!

DTGriff
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby DTGriff » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:24 am

Lol, Yea I'm not the most patient!

I shall see :). Atleast with work doing it, I get free tools and free Sika-Flex :) Lol! and and free labour :P

Return to “Exterior”