***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

High Rise Spoiler??

Exterior Parts/Accessories & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Kai
INACTIVE Member Account

High Rise Spoiler??

Postby Kai » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:15 am

Hmmm im just wondering does this spoiler obstruct your view through the back and if so, is it annoying??
And just to clear something up in my confused mind, the high rise spoiler isnt the same as the evo x spoiler is it?

infinite
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby infinite » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:37 am

Do you mean like my one? If it's the one then yeah it is different to the evoX spoiler. It's actually a copy if the old evoIX wing. As for vision out the back the high style wings I find are much better as you can see right under them.
TUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRBBBBBBBBOOOOOO!

cjsig
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby cjsig » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:45 am

if you are talking about the high rise spoiler that comes as an option with the VR/ES its actually different from the VRX and the EVO ones. it is smaller than both the VRX and EVO, and doesnt obstruct as much - in comparison.

Kai
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Kai » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:16 am

well im getting an ES so i assume its the low rise i was getting as an addon, the dealer just metioned highrise spoiler so i guess we will wait and see, thanks guys

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:21 am

I wouldn't mind getting a spoiler for my car in the future, the little "lip" on mine isn't really a spoiler :P

I haven't seen the VR lowrise spoiler (I drive a VR Platinum)
The standard VRX spoiler looks nice
Evo X spoiler also looks nice

I'm not too worried about a spoiler at this stage anyway - does anyone know a rough estimate of how much a dealer would charge for spoiler + install?
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

Dummer

Postby Dummer » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:27 am

Buy it off Shadows (X-Factor Design) and either DIY or get a smash repairer to put it on, be much cheaper than getting off a dealer.

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:34 am

Yeah that's true, dealers are so expensive.
As long as it gets done properly I'm happy :) The DIY spoiler for my old car was pretty dodgy, but you couldn't tell the difference unless you looked close :P

ImageImage

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:55 pm

VR has the boot lip as standard kit - this is not the Lowrise spoiler....

VRX spoiler is classed as the Highrise....

Evo... is Evo :P

The Lowrise is a spoiler about half the height of the VRX Highrise and is not as deep as the VRX either, and doesn't have the scoops out of the top section either....
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

M@verik
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby M@verik » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:19 am

infinite wrote:Do you mean like my one? If it's the one then yeah it is different to the evoX spoiler. It's actually a copy if the old evoIX wing. As for vision out the back the high style wings I find are much better as you can see right under them.

Where did u get urs? Got more pics?

Weight loss, tuning

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:38 am

It came with the XDC body kit i believe. PMR has the rights to this kit now i think, best to contact them to see if they still have the templates or moulds
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:35 pm

I bought the HighRise spoiler for my ES when I got the car...

It is NOT the VRX spoiler
It is NOT the lip spoiler

It IS in-between as minion says.
the VRX one is a little higher than the "high rise" option spoiler. it's really a bit silly that they called it the "high rise" spoiler... the reason is this:

When you buy an ES you have the option of purchasing a spoiler. The two spoilers that are LISTED as options for the ES are,
A - the tiny Lip spoiler
B - the "high rise style" spoiler

The VRX spoiler is renowned for being "in the way" - lots of VRX owners complain about it, lots don't. I can't really vouch for the VRX spoiler.

BUT...

The high rise OEM spoiler that you're talking about DOES block a little of the vision. I bought it on my car, and am 4 months down the track, about to install an EVO spoiler instead (BIG one - closer to infinite's style).

So there's 4 basic "CJ lancer" spoilers, biggest to smallest: the Lip, the "high rise style" ES/VR option spoiler, the VRX spoiler (also on Ralliart models) and the EVO X spoiler.

Don't just get into a VRX and think that that's the spoiler you'll get - it IS a different type of spoiler. it's slightly different in size and design, but to the untrained eye it's so similar you may not notice unless you saw 2 cars side by side...

Hope that clarifies ;-) I'd go with either the Lip spoiler (if I had my time over) or if you're after a bigger, more spoilery spoiler, go for an EVO X - still visible in the rear view, but the road can be seen through the spoiler, whereas the highrise and VRX spoilers DO block a chunk of "right behind you" vision - and can sometimes be annoying. (high rise ain't SOOOO bad though, I could live with it... girlfriend HATES it... good excuse to get an EVO spoiler says I ;-))

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:23 pm

JazzyB wrote:(high rise ain't SOOOO bad though, I could live with it... girlfriend HATES it... good excuse to get an EVO spoiler says I ;-))

A perfect excuse :lol:

I'll probably get the evo spoiler in a few months time too

ImageImage

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:24 pm

keep the lip - ala mattigins ;-)
Looks good, unique (not any more sorry mattigins :-P) and no-fuss cos u don't needa remove a spoiler ;-)

Return to “Exterior”