***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

sst wear info

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Lethal_1
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS
Location: Sth Side Of Brisbane, Here @ Springwood, Qld, Australia.

Postby Lethal_1 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:35 pm

Thankyou Dean ...

I just hope suppliers lower the cost of the SST Oil, coz I now have the BS $100/Litre stuff ... :evil:

If I have to change the Transmission Oil between 5,000 - 8,000 Klms ... It's gonna be an expensive ride ... :shock:

But I'll check with my tuner & pass this thread / web link onto him & see what he thinks.? - I just want a 2nd opinion please.! - Cheers mate.!
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #0098
NA AUTOSPORTS AND ENGINEERING - 3808 3048

billy boy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billy boy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:23 am

Check out the ssp pro gold fluid :)
we are fascinated by that which can destroy us...

bobcrusader
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby bobcrusader » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:29 am

The problem is convincing your Mitsy service guy to actually change the fluid - it's not in the service manual, so they don't want to do it.
- 2009 Lancer Ralliart
- Boostpill + Tune
- Upgraded intercooler + pipes
- Turbo XS Catback
- Drift BoV
- Blitz Air Filter

shamrockshirts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby shamrockshirts » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:42 am

Guys this is actually true. As time goes on the data is starting to appear and other workshops and R&D firms are finding this is the case too.

Mitsubishi are aware of it but will deal with warranty issues individually when they arise (i.e. when there is a failure).

After initial bed in of the clutch , fliud and filter change should be done (around the 10,000kms) mark.

There is almost $600 in genuine diaqueen SST fluid (which is recomended and keeps your waranty on track) and another couple of hundred in the genuine replacement filter (plus labour to flush and fill) .

Not a nice bill to get in January but we're all in it.

MRC Dyno Services in Castle Hill Sydney are doing this very service on my car. If you intend on keeping you RA/EVO for a few years then this oil change is a must.

Cheers
John

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:25 pm

where is the best place to buy the trans oil in bris and what is the best type to get.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:12 am

To meet requirements but I imagine to not exceed them by too much for cost reasons? Probably like how dealerships only usually use benchmark engine oil rather than premium stuff when you have a service?

You don't have evidence to say the OEM fluid is better?
SSP's has been developed to be used in systems like, and including, SST in high powered cars.

SSP uses theirs in their racing evo. I doubt they would if it didn't work or didn't last long.

Nobody here uses their ralliart or evo in a way that is that stressful.
And ralliarts would undergo less stress than an evo as well.

Saying you'd get the OEM for peace of mind is one thing but claiming its better just because its the original is another :?

bobcrusader
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby bobcrusader » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:18 am

The OEM oil must be awesome - it's designed to last 100,000kms! If you leave your RA/Evo stock, then the OEM fluid should be fine and go the distance. BUT, I haven't seen many stay stock for long... A simple drop-in filter adds a few extra KW's that the SST was not programmed for.

I expect that we are still many months away from anyone being able to reprogram the TCU, but there are adjustments in the ECU that can be used to compensate for the extra power. If your tuner is not aware of them, find another tuner.
- 2009 Lancer Ralliart

- Boostpill + Tune

- Upgraded intercooler + pipes

- Turbo XS Catback

- Drift BoV

- Blitz Air Filter

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Sun Jan 30, 2011 8:59 am

I've also heard good things about the aftermarket SST oil (from EvoOz) but am reluctant to switch to non-Mitsu. I don't really want to have to deal with a broken SST and then listen to technicians tell me it's my fault for using non-genuine product.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:16 pm

i have heard also never drive it hard in manual (normal mode) if you are going to drive it hard always use it in sports mode. just what i have heard.

bluey0512
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby bluey0512 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:48 pm

Hey guys i dont own an RA/EVO but a good mate of mine works for mitsu...

They actually had an EVO come in the other day with an SST tranny fault... they pulled it out and found it was significantly over heated and obviously abused... after quizzing the owner he originally denied any wrong doing... but later after told it wouldn't be replaced under warrenty due to looking like it had been thrashed.... he got a bit pissed... (understandably)

Long story short, they had to get the regional manager involved and explained to him the fluids used in the car "deffinately exceed all oil regs for that type of tranny fluid for daily use and occational buzz through the mountains.But deffinately not track work" (in the managers words)
He also later went on to say
"MMAL actually can put redline fluids in your car to combat wear if you choose to put it on the race track."

Hope this help cheers Boys

shamrockshirts
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby shamrockshirts » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:37 am

A picture says a 1000 words.

This is the filter I removed from a 2010 RA with ONLY 17,000kms. The oil was black too (SST Diaqueen should be green).

The filter is so clogged up its actually swollen up. I've been informed that Mitsubishi are fully aware of this SST issue but will deal with each warranty claim when it arises.

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:46 am

hey john what is the part number for this filter and part number for the oil and how many litres does it take .

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”