***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Lancer Bashed again

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

RCEBNR
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby RCEBNR » Thu May 05, 2011 10:03 am

Happy with the lancer's interior.
Its simple. Everything you need is in front of you and easy to see.

Not like the cruze, there is 50,000+ buttons just to set cruze control or plug in an iPod.
Mods :
- RBX headers
- HPS short ram intake
- autotentica muffler
- Automoglow interor light + angel eyes
- Pioneer DVD player + JL audio sub +
Kenwood amp
- lightweight pulley

JaCe
Alumni
Alumni

Postby JaCe » Thu May 05, 2011 10:43 am

I actually really like the look of the Cruze and the marketing is winning me over. I wouldn't actually buy one (I'm not a mainstream kindof guy) but Holden have done well in an area where they were seriously lacking in post Astra.

"A man who stands for nothing, falls for anything."

timu
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby timu » Thu May 05, 2011 12:31 pm

The Cruze looks don't do it for me. I love the agressive look of the lancer. But in terms of what you get, I agree the Cruze did give cause for me to have a second look when I was buying.... not enough to change my mind from my CJ though ;)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu May 05, 2011 12:48 pm

@Hoges: From a cost analysis perspective if Mitsu spend more money on paint and interior, where should they make the cuts then?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Envoke
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby Envoke » Thu May 05, 2011 12:54 pm

ofey wrote:@Hoges: From a cost analysis perspective if Mitsu spend more money on paint and interior, where should they make the cuts then?

Bring back the crank opened windows :P
Red goes faster. MUCH faster.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu May 05, 2011 1:03 pm

@Envoke: Yeah right... Builds real power in the fore arms... .

someone suggested to me:

1.Not put any plastic cover on the engine or make them after market OEM accessories. Just like the plastic battery cover.

2. No emergency spare NOR the tool kit

3. Put only 2 head rests in the back as opposed to 3.

Should more than cover the cost of ONE more coat of paint and better interior plastic.

@Hoges

Unfortunately not everyone thinks like you.
Extra A$1K may seem like little to you but to the people that do Pricing analysis for Mits, it's a HUGE step taking them out of a market they want to compete in.

Best e.g. of this is Suzuki's Kizashi. Their base model in MT is A$28,490 drive away?

Now for that same princely sum, think of how a VRX might be within your grasp.

Which badge would you prefer?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars

EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

race5l
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby race5l » Thu May 05, 2011 1:15 pm

I'd agree with some points there compared to other cars in the range...

The good points I see are the MMCS, RF sound, rear seat room, dash layout, looks, turn illuminating headlights, and maybe the extended warranty depending on how Mitsu take a claim at the time...

Bad points for the Aspire which is supposedly the luxury liner, are: no lumbar support adjust on front seats, no reach adjustment on column, the seats are very hard which was noticeable after a Syd-Gold Coast trip, no matter how many adjustments and positions were tried. The MMCS cannot be tilted downwards which is a pain as the screen is not visible due to glare in many instances. The interior noise at speed is the biggest complaint due to the transfer of road noise, this could be related to the low profile tyres and large void behind the engine and the close proximity of the wheel arches. The paint is thin and scratches easily. Resale is very poor for the first few years.

Pascher
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Pascher » Thu May 05, 2011 1:49 pm

I'm quite happy with the Lancer's interior as it feels quite solid and looks great. Agreed though that there is room for important in certain areas of the interior, such as the cheap sun visor!

Overall, the car is quite a good buy in terms of value.....spacious, fast, handles well, looks good, decent features, replacement parts....especially mod-able :wink: And for the current special for the SX...a great buy!

SXLancerMum
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby SXLancerMum » Sat May 07, 2011 10:45 am

The interior is no different to the interior of a Mazda 3. There were only two cars on my list at the end. They were almost identical if you looked at the pictures of them side by side. The Cruze was at the same dealers as the Lancer and I walked through the gate where the Lancers were and didn't get as far as the Cruze. I do like the exterior of them but loved the Lancer more.

There is nothing wrong with the simplicity of the interior of the Lancer. It has absolutely everything you need and doesn't go overboard and get confusing. Actually the interior of the Lancer made me all happy inside. I love it,

The 2litre engine in the SX keeps my car at 110km/hr on the freeway at all times going up massive hills that take the wind out of most cars sails and it gets an average of around 7L/100km and it's not worn in properly yet.

The new Mazda Skyactiv engines are supposed to be really good though. The Mazdas get 8.2 or 8.4 or something at the moment but the saving is supposed to be close to 1/3 or even a half so you are looking at 4 to 5L/100km for a 2 litre car. The Mazda 2 is supposed to get 3.3 when the Skyactiv is put in it. I'm waiting for the Skyactiv rotary engine. It's supposed to take the fuel consumption of an RX8 from 12.8 or something down to 6 or 7L/100km. Mazdas are a great car. I've owned and driven them for the last 26 years.

The Hyundais are disgusting and the Corollas are boring. They didn't even come with cruise control. It's an optional extra. The colours were ALL dull and boring. You had to pay for the Ultima to get a bright colour other than red. The Ford Focus wasn't too bad really but I didn't get around to taking it for a test drive.

BR14AN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BR14AN » Sat May 07, 2011 11:21 am

Looking back on my lancer experience the things Im looking forward to in my next car will be:

- Although the CVT is economical and the "way of the future" in gearboxes, it has driven me back to wanting to drive manual as I hate the feel and sound of it.

-Build Quality, lacking in a few areas, gets the rattles, lots of paint chips, the usual complaints.

- The immense body roll and lack of tyre grip when stock, now that Ive taken off my wider wheels Ive had to take off 10kms- ish of speed in some corners (so instead of gliding around some corners in my area at 55 ill have to drop down to about 40 to do it comfortable without the stability control having a fit) *Stock mine came with 16"

And on a personal note, I find them too small for my applications.

However, I did enjoy:

-The looks

-Reasonable output in performance

-Driver/passenger space

-Features for an entry level new car were good

-Fuel Economy was below what I would consider average, in the good sense.

Ill probably think of more later and might edit haha.
My 2c. Not sure if I would buy one again.

jamie885
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby jamie885 » Thu May 26, 2011 9:32 am

I don't know why the 1.4ltr motors are becoming such a big deal here. They've had them in the UK for years putting out alot more power than what were seeing here.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”