***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

The Lancer Mitsubishi should have built? The Kizashi?

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:05 pm

Yeah, can't buy the AWD system from X-Factor :P

Not a fan of the exterior styling, but Suzuki always make good value cars....

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:30 pm

??? Eh?

Lancer competitor? I thought they had the SX4 for that.... which they were to revamp when the Kizashi came out.

I think this is supposed to compete against the likes of Mazda6 and Honda Accord Euro... as they 'bigger' brother of the SX4 to fill the gap in a market segment they have never had.

Although, it looks very tempting. Wonder what mods will be coming soon with these.

-EXALTD-

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:44 am

Just had another thought that when the car actually does come out *Yes it is confirmed to be released in early 2010* , I will be looking into getting OEM parts from that car and integrating it into the Lancer? More so the electronics than anything else. i.e. them auto dimming rear view mirrors would be a start... . Though seats I'm sure can be done too with their power memory settings.

Also look how they mount their Rockford Forsgate sub:

ImageImage

PMR also retail Suzuki so if they did bring this car into Australia, I'm sure we can do it... .

I reckon if they did completely trick out the car with all the functions under A$32,000 the first car they'd kill would be the Camry and the Mazda 6.

Pimp it out which RRM, Delta Tech Engineering and Westside Auto Group did shown below:
ImageImageImage

and the Lancer will see competition... .
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

Ozie
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby Ozie » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:37 am

ofey.....it looks like an ugly duckling!

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:51 pm

Looks hideous!!

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:00 pm

as i said, they're feature filled but looks we still trump them. But this will raise the bar of the basic car.

Even your base model Cars from 2010 onwards will probably have:

1. dusk sensing headlights
2. rain sensing wipers
3. bluetooth
4. ipod connectivity

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:06 pm

Just noticed while trolling through those pics...

Whats with the top right piller, its like broken or not attached.. They fail on photoshop aswell, you can see the relection in one mirror, then cant in the other
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:11 pm

nice observation!

blade888
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby blade888 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:22 pm

yeah it's cause those interior photos were of a demo car that has the whole right side cut away.
Sportback VR/GReddy Spectrum Elite/Advanti Medusa/K&N High-Flow Performance Panel Filter/Cusco Racing Braces

LAOS
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby LAOS » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:23 pm

At least we get a better spec lancer than the UK variant...they have the choice of a 1.5L or 1.8L pertrol engine or a 2.0L diesel engine (2.0L petrol on the Ralliart/Evo only), they have no auto wipers or lights, no smart key, and upgraded audio only on the Ralliart model. Plus the base model is over $25k at todays generous exchange rate!
2008 red VRX sedan rear spoiler side skirt and front bumper accent trims rockford fosgate/sunroof package

maki3
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby maki3 » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:39 pm

No offence though but i really think suzuki's symbol "S" at the front looks really hideous :roll:

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:05 pm

one of the custom cars is a complete rip off of a Bugatti vearon practically the same grill and colors except the Bugatti vearon is that red with chrome.

ps may have spelt the name wrong lol
IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Fri May 14, 2010 4:23 am

Hold your breath boys and girls.....

KIZASHI IS HERE... And boy, I have to say, it really looks different in real life.

Those who are considering buying an Aspire - this car is going to make you seriously think twice.

MY PERSONAL THOUGHTS:

The car actually looks good, not as aggresive looking as the Lancer, but very sleek and Euro like. It just works.

No doubt it's everything the Lancer could and should have been. Everything from the soft touch plastics/vinyls, to the excellent quality stitching and leather. Even the fabric seats are comfortable, supportive and have a very good and comfortable feel.

All the little things are covered, and the little things that matter are there. I really think Suzuki looked at Mitsu really hard (even if they deny it). It's all set out well, and heck, everything you want is there. There's even a big boot with full sized spare standard.

Everything feels solid and well built, and being Jap, it probably is well built. The engine is well sorted out, and the doors clunk really like Euros, albeit with a bit heavy doors. Sound deadening is definitely well done, it is damn quiet.

It's also just about as customisable as our Lancers. Lol, they even stole our idea of vinyl on the front bumper, it's an official option! So many options look the same as Lancer's..... or can be compared to the Lancer's.

DOWNSIDES:

Well, not many actually... but here are 2 that I've spotted. One was pointed out to me by the saleslady actually... That was that the subwoofer ain't great. Being a boxless system, it actually creates rattle on the rear parcel shelf and in the boot. It would have been better off in a box in the boot. The thing is you get better bass inside the car ;). 10 speaker (425w) RF system also only available on top model (XLS). The base XL, makes do with 7 speaker unknown brand speakers.

The other is the gooseneck hinges for the boot, not as good as the gas struts we have on our Lancers. It robs space in the boot. :)

Didn't get a chance to test drive, as they are already selling like hotcakes :P And... the first shipment only had 3 manuals, which were snapped up by the press.

My 2c wirth of ranting.... :P

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Fri May 14, 2010 7:54 am

IB (Infinite Baffle) as this sub - as seen in the pics provided by ofey - can work but, as pointed out above, can generate rattles. Most such factory installs - ford fairmont ghia and above had similar at one point - have the sub which is usually no bigger then 8" mounted directly to the metal of the shelf and this isn't optimal for a number of reasons.

It should at least have a foam strip/ring to 'de-interface' it from the 'baffle' (in this case the metal parcel shelf). That, of course, doesn't account for the likely thin panel flexing or the fact that it looks like there are other openings aside from the one for the sub its self.

/ramble

Too much hanging out on audio forums, lol.
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri May 14, 2010 10:08 pm

Kizashi:

Golf:

Lulz.

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”