***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Oil Change frequency and Oil Colour 2

Everything Lancer Related + News & Current Affairs.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Dejan
INACTIVE Member Account

Oil Change frequency and Oil Colour 2

Postby Dejan » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:47 pm

Please note i have posted the same thread under RALLIART as well, but just wanna get a bigger response for this question, hence here as follows:

Hi guys,

Just wondering how often does everyone change their engine oil here and if anyone's paid extra attention to the old left over ones whether if they were black and dirty or were they in pretty clear and clean in general.

The reason i'm asking if becuase i've had my ralliart serviced twice since i bought it in Nov last yr and last oil change was 10,300km and its done 14,000km exact now and i'm surprised at how dirty the engine oil looks when i checked it this morning. Please note my car has not been to tracks or driven harshly and thrashed or anything since last oil change and i use EXCLUSIVELY 98 RON no exception and how could the engine oil be so dirty so quick??? The only reason i can think of is maybe due to the extra thin Castrol 0W-40 engine oil that i use and cuase it to be used up quicker than usual??

If so would it be detrimental and damaging the engine if I continue to drive on for another 1000K before going for the next service or should I be going for one ASAP as dirty engine oil might clog up the engine and a big NO NO...

I'd like to hear some feedbacks especialy from the Evo and Ralliart owners here who have first hand experiece of similar situations and advises or feedbacks would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Dejan
What goes around comes around.

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi there,

Just to let you know, there was no point to posting this question in 2 threads, it'll get seen no matter where you put it :wink:

Now don't get stressed about the colour of the oil! it does darken with age, and it is meant to, as it means it is doing it's job and keeping the engine clean and lubricated!

Now of course if the oil has done 20 or 30 thousand kms then it is too dirty, but the bit of darkness you would get over the 5 thousand you have done is perfectly normal, and every car is like it. The oil is meant to go that colour with age.

The oil will last fine between services, even 15,000 intervals. But I do recommend for turbo cars that the oil and filter is changed at 7,500km intervals (and the rest of the service schedule as per the book)

Best of luck with it mate

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:11 pm

Bear in mind that the oil is supposed to lubricate,clean,inhibit corrosion and disperse heat.
It's normal for it to discolour guys after a few K's as SIR VRX said, it shows it is cleaning away the sludge and deposits that build up inside your engine from normal operating conditions and lubricating the moving parts. :wink:
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:05 pm

I am going to lock this thread, If it has already been posted and your worried about not getting a response, bump the old thread. Having 2 of the same threads clogs up the forum and can confuse members.
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

Return to “ClubCJ Talk”