***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* Injen CAI + Hydroshield - R3 GB Apr'12

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

l0n3w01f
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby l0n3w01f » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:05 pm

can we try to talk to the ebay buyer for a GB? i mean he is a seller, abd we have more then 10 buyers... think we can get a cheaper price if we all bough together ?

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:55 pm

IF YOUR NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE YOUR TAKING UP TOO MUCH ROOM

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:16 pm

draevon wrote:Seems a shame if no sellers will come to the table and offer us a good price for a bulk order, but in my opinion, I'm all for group buys, but if the price is going to be the same-ish, a group buy means a whole lot more work for ofey for not much gain in the long run??

Agreed. I guess it's Advance Speed Shop's loss if they get zero sales if they're not going to negotiate the price down?
Have our sponsors even responded with a price yet?
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:23 pm

Has anyone taken into account that there r a few of us here with engines other than 2.0l NA, I u can get some for the RA and VRX cheaper than the price Ofey has got then please post up, all prices I could find where higher than Ofey

OHH YEA!!!!

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:15 pm

VRX_Pete wrote:
draevon wrote:Seems a shame if no sellers will come to the table and offer us a good price for a bulk order, but in my opinion, I'm all for group buys, but if the price is going to be the same-ish, a group buy means a whole lot more work for ofey for not much gain in the long run??

Agreed. I guess it's Advance Speed Shop's loss if they get zero sales if they're not going to negotiate the price down?
Have our sponsors even responded with a price yet?

they are already loosing there money is dropping in worth. so there are allot of places right now in the US that aren't making money cause of it. and they may be one of those places that are only just making money,

by them saying no to the GB would mean that it costs to much for them with there now weaker dollar, to buy from there suppliers and sell them at that price, which very well may be less then what they can buy them from there supplier.

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:34 pm

Blakey wrote:they are already loosing there money is dropping in worth. so there are allot of places right now in the US that aren't making money cause of it. and they may be one of those places that are only just making money,

by them saying no to the GB would mean that it costs to much for them with there now weaker dollar, to buy from there suppliers and sell them at that price, which very well may be less then what they can buy them from there supplier.

Well sod them! They're not giving me love, so they can have my hate in return. LOLz :D (I'm feeling very angsty tonight, no idea why....)

ImageImage

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:41 pm

Here's the thing. I posted awhile ago that:

SP1835 for 2.0L + shield ~ A$425 delivered
SP1836 for 2.4L + shield ~ A$450 delivered
SP1837 for RAs + shield ~ A$475 delivered

That's if we pack 2 per delivery.

So for e.g. the 2 Victorians involved? We can go at A$950 for that pair delivered.

This is as Adv Speed Shop will not under declare. If they did, we could get more... .

Are there any reports of FAKE injens?
So all on eBay are safe?
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:04 pm

yea ebay has a lot of jap knockoffs, look alot like the real thing but arent real, i think everyone should just stick with this as ur not saving heaps from ebay

OHH YEA!!!!

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:13 pm

AJjnr86 wrote:yea ebay has a lot of jap knockoffs, look alot like the real thing but arent real, i think everyone should just stick with this as ur not saving heaps from ebay

but like all things like exhausts, 2.5" piping is 2.5" piping no matter what the maker of it its still the same, if there are injen knockoffs out there, if they are the same size as the injen then they are exactly the same.

AJjnr86
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby AJjnr86 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:59 pm

they could b the same, but the build quality isnt the same, welds and or brackets might not b right

OHH YEA!!!!

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:33 am

I'm not understanding the point of this group buy. Why go through all the hassle of tying up Ofey's time and shipping 2 units to one reciever and have the hassle of people trying to meet up with the reciever for no net gain?!

From Advance Speed Shops website; (in $USD)
If we were to order 2 unit to ship to 1 recepient
2 x SP1836P = 546
2 x x-1033BLK = 38.96
Shipping = 268.62

Total = 853.58
Avg cost of the injen set = 426.79
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you were to order 1 unit to go to one recepient...

1x SP1836P = 273
1x X-1033BLK = 19.48
Shipping = 134.31

Total = 426.79

$426.79 for one and $426.79 for the other. Huh?!
Which is around $440 AUD at today's rates not taking into account FOREX conversion fees.....

If Advance Speed Shop is going to be the best price we're gonna get, best we order individually in our own time and be done with this thread. Less hassle, we achieve the same "savings" without tying up Ofey's time.

Just my 2c worth....

ImageImage

PYLee
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby PYLee » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:41 am

i guess the price that advancespeedshop is giving is already the peak of their price , near to their cost price so if you buy 1 or buy 100 , the price would still be the same.
Lancer Evolution 10MR

Blakey
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Blakey » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:18 pm

VRX_Pete wrote:I'm not understanding the point of this group buy. Why go through all the hassle of tying up Ofey's time and shipping 2 units to one reciever and have the hassle of people trying to meet up with the reciever for no net gain?!

From Advance Speed Shops website; (in $USD)
If we were to order 2 unit to ship to 1 recepient
2 x SP1836P = 546
2 x x-1033BLK = 38.96
Shipping = 268.62

Total = 853.58
Avg cost of the injen set = 426.79
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you were to order 1 unit to go to one recepient...

1x SP1836P = 273
1x X-1033BLK = 19.48
Shipping = 134.31

Total = 426.79

$426.79 for one and $426.79 for the other. Huh?!
Which is around $440 AUD at today's rates not taking into account FOREX conversion fees.....

If Advance Speed Shop is going to be the best price we're gonna get, best we order individually in our own time and be done with this thread. Less hassle, we achieve the same "savings" without tying up Ofey's time.

Just my 2c worth....

I think your missing the point of talking to the seller, you talk to them and say i will buy this many, say 10 if you give them to me at a cheaper price, say 5% off.

so if you get 10 at 5% off plus the same shipping for each individually, you have still saved 5%,

or it will be i will buy 10 if you ship them in pairs, at a reduced shipping cost.

BUT if you just use the shops automated, shipping and price, well your just gonna pay full price and full price postage, cause it doesnt know you want to buy 10 all at once, the point of a group buy is to talk to a company and saying i will buy this many from you if you give me something in return, albeit lower shipping cost, wether its in pairs, all seperate, or all in one.

what you have done is like going to a online shop buying two of them, then compaining to the shop owner that you had to pay full price caues you bought 2,

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Blakey wrote:I think your missing the point

No, i think you're missing the point. Ofey has already stated Advance Speed Shop are not going to reduce the price further than what has been quoted.

Here have a look at ofey's post
http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?p=149669#149669

ImageImage

Mr Charisma
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Mr Charisma » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:56 pm

Hmmm not looking good lol
Love that car!

Return to “Group Buys Service”