Moderator: Senior Moderators

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:02 pm

Right an update:

MZ576228EX - Chrome Door Handle Foils = A$192.00
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

SIR-VRX
Genius
Genius

Postby SIR-VRX » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:14 pm

^^ Can I say I have seen those and they look terrible. They are about 2mm thick chromed plastic that sticks on to the door handles.

If anybody really wants chrome door handles, the Outlander has models with chrome handles. And also some satin silver ones too. With and without smart key. A more expensive way, but looks 1000x times better IMHO. (I have though about doing it myself) Oh yes they fit the Lancer.

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:16 pm

No offence!
look at my car - it's like an evo/RA ES - lol - I'm not one to judge!

My spoiler gives me about 5lbs of boost tho! just it's directed downward onto the back axle, instead of directly into the engine :-P

Sokay mate - NOTHING wrong with it - just reproducing a joke someone made about having a diecast evo on their dash and "getting an extra 50HP" from it ;-)

Jmi

Postby Jmi » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:39 pm

Ofey, if you can get more of the RA emblem, count me in too please.
That gonna include the bracket btw?

cyssero
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cyssero » Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:43 pm

SIR-VRX wrote:^^ Can I say I have seen those and they look terrible. They are about 2mm thick chromed plastic that sticks on to the door handles.

If anybody really wants chrome door handles, the Outlander has models with chrome handles. And also some satin silver ones too. With and without smart key. A more expensive way, but looks 1000x times better IMHO. (I have though about doing it myself) Oh yes they fit the Lancer.

Thanks ofey and SIR-VRX, looks like I'll pass if it's just a cover and not proper door handles :(

I wonder how much a set of 4 chrome door handles for the outlander would cost, if you ever think about doing it, I'll be keen :)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:25 pm

Jmi wrote:Ofey, if you can get more of the RA emblem, count me in too please.
That gonna include the bracket btw?

I've ordered you a set too. As many people can now see, I'm going purely based on trust. I see no point in waiting for money to hit my account before I order. Else we'll miss too many boats... . Hope you don't pull the carpet out from under my feet.

I installed the RA Badge on mine without the bracket. Similarly, I did it on cjsig's ride without the bracket.

Unfortunately, I can't seperate the buy this time. It comes as a set. You too will find upon install that the bracket is useless as your car is NOT an RA and the bracket only fits the grill shape of a Ralliart.

No matter, just use a countersunk screw and a metal plate to hold your RA badge in place.

cyssero wrote:I wonder how much a set of 4 chrome door handles for the outlander would cost, if you ever think about doing it, I'll be keen :)

I'll ask the question but I know it's going to be silly money. I would say you're looking at least A$200 per handle. For A$800, I'd want a performance part.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

Jmi

Postby Jmi » Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:03 am

Thanks Ofey. Even if I don't put it on, it is a nice little thing to have, so I won't pull out of it.

I'll toss you the money when we meet up. Since you are just around the neighbourhood, not really hard for me to pay you and your family a visit.

cyssero
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby cyssero » Sun Jun 21, 2009 1:06 am

ofey wrote:I'll ask the question but I know it's going to be silly money. I would say you're looking at least A$200 per handle. For A$800, I'd want a performance part.

Haha thanks nonetheless but for ~$800 I would have to pass. Totally agree, it better be a performance part for $800 too.

Something I found out today (somewhat related) - The Mazda 3 Neo doesn't come with body-colour matching door handles. Regardless of the body colour all Neo door handles are graphite (or whatever). At least with the ES Lancer it's matched to the body, not to mention a good $8000 cheaper..

Klue2k
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Klue2k » Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:58 pm

hey ofey.

how did yoo fit the ralliart emblem on your front grille? i have the emblem, some bracket and a small screw. i opened my bonnet today and removed the black plastic so i could reach behind the grille but have no idea how to connect. the bracket is priddy useless.

thanks in advance =)

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:01 am

Klue2k wrote:hey ofey.

how did yoo fit the ralliart emblem on your front grille? i have the emblem, some bracket and a small screw. i opened my bonnet today and removed the black plastic so i could reach behind the grille but have no idea how to connect. the bracket is priddy useless.

thanks in advance =)

4 posts above yours:
ofey wrote:I installed the RA Badge on mine without the bracket. Similarly, I did it on cjsig's ride without the bracket.

Unfortunately, I can't seperate the buy this time. It comes as a set. You too will find upon install that the bracket is useless as your car is NOT an RA and the bracket only fits the grill shape of a Ralliart.

No matter, just use a countersunk screw and a metal plate with a hole (acts as the bracket) to hold your RA badge in place.

Klue2k
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Klue2k » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:29 pm

Thanks ofey. I've been following the thread but must've slipped my eyes. It might be a stupid question but with the backing plate, did you have to drill your own hole or did you buy it from somewhere?

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:47 pm

I just drilled my own since there's a workshop here @ Uni Melb.

You could get a bracket from Bunnings. Just any metal plate that will comfortably fit the countersunk screw and you're done.

Klue2k
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Klue2k » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:18 pm

hi ofey,

where you able to get a price for the ralliart key pouch? i went through the thread and dont think there was a price for it?

thanks

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:05 am

How about a price on the lip spoiler ?

JazzyB
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby JazzyB » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:55 am

what's a key-pouch?
Is that like a pocket? cos I've got minimum 2 of them in every pair of pants - lol :-)

Return to “Group Buys Service”