***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

*CLOSED* Russian Website Parts Auto-loker GB

For all ClubCJ Members.

Moderator: Senior Moderators

liam92
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby liam92 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:31 pm

You are probably already aware ofey but red lights on the front of your car are illegal. Probably wouldnt get pulled for it but im sure if a copper is having a slow night a defect might seem like fun.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:34 pm

Whatever made any of you think that it would be on while I'm driving? I too have a blue grill glow. That's not on while I am driving either.

Don't become a 2nd Blakey where you think your thought process is superior to everyone else's.
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

liam92
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby liam92 » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:36 pm

Whoa mate I didnt mean any offence no need to get narky with me. I was just saying...

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:38 pm

I'm not trying to be narky with you either. I'm merely illustrating to some other people how some people behave. Please take no offense from my words. Sorry you go caught in the cross fire.

And as a clear illustration, the last 9 posts in this thread have resulted from a post from someone not even partaking in the group buy. I suspect someone is having a chuckle at our expense.

But the strangeness of the matter for me is that if I went round sticking my head into other peoples affairs, it'd be called trolling but clearly in this case apologies and deletions have to be offered by those who respond to the instigation. The person who instigates or starts isn't at fault for anything. Despite 2-3 different people seeing little sense in his original post.
Last edited by ofey on Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:03 pm

Which does not make it right Ofey.

As I read it - Blake was trying to make a point that may not have been as articulate as how many of you would like. An attempt has been made to rectify this for future points.

After my post, there was no need for anyone to continue to entertain the antagonising. Liam, I do sincerely apologise for you being caught in the crossfire.
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:31 pm

And as I've so pointed out, the initial comment kicking off tonight's entertainment possess little sense either. However some people more than others are permitted to antagonise...and to articulate the way they choose to.

From what I've been taught, when writing the onus is on the writer to transfer thoughts clearly to the reader. It was never the onus on the reader to second guess the intentions of the writer. Clearly I've been mistaken.

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:46 pm

Ofey , I have just spent over an hour reading this whole 17 pages , And I Take my hat off to you *yo* ... I Really don't know how you keep up with all of the group buys , especially this one as you said yourself it is the hardest one you have Done .

Me just reading Through this I got all mind boggled lol ... And well done also to the other few guys helping you out here ...

I have missed this Group Buy as I was reading I would of liked a few things But I will wait untill the Jan / Feb Group Buy .

Regards Doreen :)
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

The X
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby The X » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:01 pm

Blakey wrote:wouldnt it be better if they dont reply to get White ones? if they only get one... if you get the red ones then that means they would have to put it on the rear, and drill a hole in there boot, unless you seriously want to do that. buying red ones when they haven't stated to get red ones, your gonna make that item useless for them as its red not white.

when if you get white ones, and they wanted red ones then they can at least still use it on the front.

where as people who wanted white cant use it for anything as they obviously didn't want to drill a hole in there boot.

in all outcomes. it would be more logical to go with white as the chosen colour if they do not state what colour they want. or you are gonna get people a useless item and make them unhappy as thy have just wasted $95
where as the white one can be used whether they wanted it or not. and they wont have completely wasted there $95.

Blakey, not sure if you've noticed, (and perhaps I may have misinterpreted the russian website) but the red and white logos are illuminated, so a hole in the boot will be required regardless of what colour they get.

As for what colour they end up getting if they have not specified a colour, well thats for the GB admin to PM those individuals for a response. If they don't respond then it's pot luck for them, or GB admin just defer their order and refund the money since they've not really placed a firm order. Whether red vs white is useless or useful it a matter of personal taste/preference.

Of course if I've mis-read the russian and the white logo requires no wiring, then I can kinda see your logic on getting white over red. :\

DORA_ANNE wrote:I have missed this Group Buy as I was reading I would of liked a few things But I will wait untill the Jan / Feb Group Buy .

There's a Jan/Feb Gb repeat of this?! Cool. I wanted a few things, but not had the time to really trawl the site and select.
"the quieter you become, the more you are able to hear"
More pix @ http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=8779
ImageImage

Meaty
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Meaty » Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:04 pm

ofey just in case it needs to be comfirmed for me

DRL x 1 x42 black
Iluminated logo x 1 white

paid last week

Thank you
Tate

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:40 pm

I do not prevent people from making valid points.
However I would like people to make constructive comments.
Furthermore I think if your intention is to provide constructive comments, I think a bit of time and thought has to go into making the comment.
If you wish people to read your comment and think it through, I think abit of time needs to be spent actually articulating that thought clearly and concisely.

Blakey wrote:the point being was if you where wanting the rear badge you would get red to match the brakes.

I'm think what you're meaning to say is:
"The point I was trying to make was if you WERE wanting the rear badge, you would get the red to match the bake lights."

Blakey wrote:if the front badge you would get white to match the headlights and or parkers. if you got red only ones and you don't want to put red ones on the front then those people will be sadly disappointing.

Let me try and paraphrase this:
"If for use as a front badge, you would get the white ones to match the headlights and or parkers. If you got the red only ones, and you don't want to put red ones on the front, then these people will be sadly disappointed."

Blakey wrote:now knowing that almost everyone that is only buying 1 will-not want to drill a hole in there boot for for a red one, as they would with a white one as well if they where going to put white ones on the back
why get the red ones. yes some people would want red ones on the front also. but a majority of people would not, as it doesn't match the front.
thus making the better choice for people that want only one, to be white not red.

Paraphrasing again:
Now knowing that the majority buying a singular badge will not want to drill a hole in the boot for the red one

*sorry you've lost me here, I think this was waffled over*

Some people would want the red one in front but a majority would not as it doesn't match the front, thereby making the better choice for people that want only want one to be white and not the red one.

Blakey wrote:but anyway i would like to apologize for any problems i may have caused, i was merely trying to give a better option as default for people that are getting those illuminated badges.

I would urge in future if you have a valid point to make to spend some time thinking through the message you are attempting to convey. When a person takes the time to read your post, the least you can do is to spend some time to think through and organise your train of thought.

I would like to point out 2 things you might wish to consider:
1. What would happen if the person who did not indicate actually wanted a red badge? 50:50 right? You've made several assumptions in your deduction.

Likewise the assumption (no matter how small) that someone might want a red badge could also be valid. These may be 2 ppl which you acknowledge the existence of: a. Those who would put a red badge in front and b. Those who might actually drill a hole in their boots.

2. Regardless of the color of the badge, they can be mounted both on the front or the rear. Both will require drilling to mount and power.

It may be helpful to think through someone else's perspective. I am one of the minority who will choose to mount a red badge in the front. This will be activated together with my dome light circuit. I do think it will look pretty good like the Mitsubishi (Red Diamonds) come to life when the car is turned on. Bearing in mind either way, you shouldn't have the diamond lights on when you're driving.

Let me offer one logical explanation for having a white badge over the red one?

Seeing that it is a coloured acrylic which determines the colour, it would probably be a white LED behind the badge regardless. So if I took a white diamond, if someone wanted a RED badge, they could switch the LED to a RED one to get the red glow. The RED LED would still shine through the clear white acrylic.... .

liam92
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby liam92 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:59 pm

Ofey just a quick note,

Have you received my payment yet? I netbanked it at the start of last week.
Liam92 Russian GB - $220

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:11 pm

So not only do I have to deal with behind the scene shannanigans, I have to try and look after this group buy:

UPDATE 21 Nov 2010

I AM CLOSING THIS BY MONDAY 22 Nov. PLEASE PAY NOW!!

Required
- The front center lip is apparently priced as painted. No Cheaper for Matte Black. So if you want it color matched please update me of your color code. If you don't, I will be ordering Matte Black for you.

- For those buying the Lighted logos, they come in 2 colors. No difference front or back but I don't know which you want. Please let me know which permutation of white and red you would like ASAP. If you don't respond, a WHITE one will be requested. For those who order 2, 1 Red and 1 white will be supplied if you don't respond.

Price Lists - PARTS ONLY
DRL = A$170
lighted logo = A$95
front central lip, painted = A$80
Front eyelids painted = A$45
Rear Eyelids painted = A$60
Side mount Licence Plate = A$30
Scuffplates, stainless steel = A$95

Notes:
- The prices are for parts only Couriered from Russia to Melbourne and onward posts have not been added in.

- Following group by rules, Those in Melbourne will also pay part of the onward freight cost for fairness. There will be an collection fee for those in Melbourne to help offset the cost of onward freight.

- I've also rounded up the amount, so part of your onward costs have also been paid. Don't worry all payments will be documented.

Here is the updated order list. Those whose money I've recieved will see the = A$X0 behind their name. Closing date is this Friday 19 Nov 2010.

VIC
luffy4688 = DRL (A39) = A$170
twr75 = Lighted Logo X 2 (1R+1W) = A$190
R4PTOR = Central Lip (X42) = A$80
Fisherrr = Front eyelids + Rear Eyelids + Central Lip (W37)
vlad_the_impaler = Front eyelids (A39) + Rear Eyelids (A39) + Central Lip (A39) = A$185
ofey = Lighted Logo (1R) = A$95
meaty = DRL + Lighted Logo (1W) = A$265

NSW
liam92 = Side mount license plate (D06 or Black) + Lighted Logos X 2 (1R+1W) = A$220
SPRKLS = DRL (P26) = A$170
Chubb = Front eyelids (D06) = A$45
SAM-24A = Scuffplates (Lancer logo)
feral = Lighted Logo X 2 = A$190
Mizta_B = Lighted Logo X 2 (1R+1W) + Central Lip (P26) = A$270
ash06 = Central Lip
Bandit = Central Lip (W37) = A$80
foreshadow = Central Lip (Matte Black) + DRL (W37) = A$250
Klue2K = DRL + Lighted Logo (1W) = A$265
liam92 =Lighted Logo X 2 + Side mount license plate (D06 or Black) = A$220
bd-850 = Central Lip (Matte Black) = A$80
Chooks = Central Lip (Matt Black) = A$80
goryee = Lighted Logo
Dora Anne = Central Lip (Matt Black) + DRL (Matte Black) = A$250

QLD
draevon = DRL (A31) = A$170
Speedie = Side mount Licence Plate = A$30
08VET = DRL x42 black , side mount, Central lip (Matte Black) = A$280
Ray Curran = Rear Eyelids X42 = A$60

SA
Tenjho = Central Lip

WA
Itachi = Central Lip (Matte Black) = A$80

Thank you everyone for being so understanding and sympathetic.

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:51 pm

There is no further point in this discussion. If you look at the purchasing list, there are only 4 people who have asked for a single badge.

myself, meaty, klue2k and goryee.

I have stated for myself what color I'd like. So has meaty and klue2k. goryee, hasn't even paid.

So by the time you posted your thoughts, choices for those who want 1 badge had already been stated. So who comes across as nitpicking? Me or you?

draevon
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby draevon » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:49 pm

FFS Blakey, this has nothing to do with you, just leave it alone.
GReddy Spectrum Elite Exhaust - TEIN S.Tech Springs - Injen CAI- 3D Eyelids - Carbon Fiber Interior - Pivot Shift Light - Smoked LED Taillights - Carbonout & Debadge.

Itachi
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby Itachi » Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:41 am

Ok this is just getting silly now. I think we are all forgetting that this is only an issue if people don't respond with their preference. If they can't be bothered responding, then they obviously don't really care what they get. If they subsequently complain that they got the wrong thing despite being asked several times which they would prefer, it is their own fault!. Yes, assumptions need to be made (and either one is as valid as the other as no one knows what application the purchaser has in mind: it could be to go on top of the X-mas tree) in order to move things along, as I already said, if people don't care enough to respond (or pay on time) then obviously they are not that interested in the GB and everyone else shouldn't have to wait because of them.

I think this has been confusing enough without something so insignificant causing so much drama. Build a bridge people.

Let's just get on with the GB so we can all laugh and sing and enjoy our new toys... :roll:
Last edited by Itachi on Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Like my car? Follow my fitness blog!

http://www.littleguylifting.com/

Return to “Group Buys Service”