***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

evo x glowing exhaust mainfold

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:13 pm

vermilioN wrote:I agree with andrew, I think you would be better off getting a tune from a renowned tuner who works with the 4b11 often or get a remote tune from beeble or someone from the states. Better be safe than sorry.

i have had another tuning shop look at my tune today and said it was bloody perfect.....no knock, ping or misfire, perfect safe timing and perfect safe air/fuel, perfect boost....So if the tune is perfect safe, something else is cuasing this heat

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:17 pm

.[/quote:a9878e7c77] The cat has nothing to do with the a/f ratio. It shouldnt matter what cat you put on it wont affect the a/f. You could put the stock cat back in or get rid of the cat all together and your a/f will stay the same.[/quote]

Yes it does..., tell me once the car is tuned nice and rich, 10+ power pulls back to back to confirm the tune is correct, why would the tune go out after changing the cat??

I might sound like an idiot, but can a custom tune on the evo 10 go OUT without touching anything??

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:26 pm

What do you mean go out?

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:30 pm

can a tune go OFF, OUT, FAIL, CHANGE

what ever you want to call it LOL....can a tune start to "change after a few hours"

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:31 pm

vermilioN wrote:What do you mean go out?

can a tune go OFF, OUT, FAIL, CHANGE

what ever you want to call it LOL....can a tune start to "change after a few hours"

can a tune change by driving without touching anything??

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:32 pm

The tune cant just "disapear".

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:33 pm

You've got a lot of people here puzzled with what's happening with your car.

So far you've said your tune is perfect but giving you a glowing exhaust manifold just from highway driving.

No one else has come on here and said "this happens with my EVO too"

There's some people here pushing a lot more power and not getting the glows.

If you really feel your tune is safe, then why are you posting on multiple forums that you have a problem?

I'm really intrigued to find out what causes this.

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:15 pm

rokpapaziz wrote:Youve got a lot of people here puzzled with whats happening with your car. So far youve said your tune is perfect but giving you a glowing exhaust manifold just from highway driving. No one else has come on here and said this happens with my EVO too Theres some people here pushing a lot more power and not getting the glows. If you really feel your tune is safe, then why are you posting on multiple forums that you have a problem? Im really intrigued to find out what causes this.

I know, well considering the stock tune was spiking at 28psi @4krpm then dropping down to about 11psi at 5krpm...and now its steady 21-22psi then no lower than 19psi at WOT of corse im talking about....

We are thinking its not getting enough Air Cooling...Could you recomend me to a tuning shop besides MRT who want $2500 for a custom tune...

Im posting on evo x forums becuase there seems to be MORE evo x's on there and mabey someone has come across this problem...I didnt mean to confuse anyone lol....

The turbo is going to come off soon when i get the manifold, aquator, high flow oil feed line, and we are going to inspect it, it could quiet possibly by the dreaded shaft play, wich can cause excess heat considering it spins at crazy speeds...

As of now its not much of a concern for me condsidering ive got it at temps where you could light a cigarete 3cm away from the heat....and had it at those temps for 30mins or so of WOT driving

countless dyno pulls

McCoy
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby McCoy » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:16 pm

No, it's not normal.

I have an AWD dyno on premises, it's very easy to watch the turbo while tuning with the bonnet open and it's usually when a shed load of timing is added you get the turbo glow. Also, it depends on the application, in motorsport when we race our Evo X, yes the turbo glows, but that's with a car making 3 times more power than stock and it's under huge load for a sustained period of time.

I don't believe you have an issue with cooling, more along the lines of tuning. Send me your rom if you like, I'll have a look for you.

And no, your tuning can't 'go out' as you say.
Dyno's

An invaluable tuning tool when used correctly
An invaluable sales tool when used incorrectly

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:59 pm

Update,
McCoy wrote:No, its not normal. I have an AWD dyno on premises,....

Can adding a shed load of timing like you say cause any Engine damage??

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Wed May 01, 2013 12:45 am

Dear Club Moderator, can you please delete this thread as it is no longer needed

thank you

BUZZ_QWERTY
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BUZZ_QWERTY » Wed May 01, 2013 7:30 am

Was the issue resolved? Been watching this thread, keen to know what the problem was.

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Wed May 01, 2013 9:44 am

Yeah no conclusion, that's kind of disappointing

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Wed May 01, 2013 10:19 am

reply:

well RTR has spoken to Indy and RTR thinks that it could possibly be the oil feed line could be slightly blocked for the turbo, im ordering a map high flow oil feed line on monday and then install it and see if that fixes the problem....i will put a "how to" do the oil line from step 1-finish...

but yeh i find this thread is no longer needed or usefull, so to keep the forum tidy please delete and i will update when i get the oil line

thanks

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Wed May 01, 2013 10:24 am

Hey if it's ok with you I'd rather keep the thread because we still don't know if the problem is fixed.

I find this stuff really important and interesting because solutions to odd problems are not generally easy to find when searching the internets. Someone else may find this handy.

And yes I will be very interested in the high flow oil feed line installation thread.

Return to “Evolution X Performance”