beeble tooonz review

Evo X Performance & Modifications.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

beeble tooonz review

Postby scott_drake » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:26 pm

had a great night/day with Adam, and a few of the boys, Adam is a top bloke and knows hes stuff, hes knowledge with the mivec system is the best ive ever seen, very good tunes...I feel anyone can give the car to Adam and will be more than bloody happy with the results...he has enough knowledge to make your mind explode, It put a big smile on mine and hes face when we took it for a wrap after the tune....We both are pretty hammered now...

Maxwell: evo x 5mt

HKS EVC 5 EVO X EDITION
Tomei full exhaust
220KW

Scott Drake: evo x 5mt....Running Anti Lag

HKS EVC 5
Perrin Down Pipe
100cell Cat
AEM Intake
ARC Hot Pipe
Custom Clutch Kit
245kw

White evo : evo x sst

Cobb 3 Port
Map EF3
Full Face Exhaust Manifold
Custom Fuel System
Custom Exhaust
320kw but tuned down to 260kw fro memory

Red Evo: evo x sst

3 Port
Intake
Striaght Piping Exhaust
Custom Fuel System
Garret Turbo
STOCK BLOCK

328KW

Black Ralliart

Evo X intercooler
3 Port i think

200kw

Once again thank you Adam

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:32 pm

200kw from a Ralliart running only EvoX Intercooler and 3port? Are you sure? No aftermarket exhaust etc??? Seems a bit high.

But otherwise, some nice results there...

Adam does know his stuff. Mine is being tuned to E85 at present, after he tuned 98 fuel for me. :) Looking forward to meeting him one day.
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

denzza
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby denzza » Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:39 pm

Beeble is highly recommended for EVO X and RA :)

Its like he invented the ecus for them haha!
AUSTRALIA'S FIRST 4B11T ENGINE SWAP ON E85
FULL EVO X TURBO SETUP
APEXI ARC DESIGN INTAKE | RA BRAKE SETUP | APEXI N1 EVO -R 3" CAT BACK | UR CAT |
TUNED BY BEEBLE | EXEDY H/D CLUTCH
BC RACING BR COILOVERS

vermilioN
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby vermilioN » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:39 pm

Yeah the 200kw ralliart definitely seems to high, why was the white evo tuned down?

Australia's sexiest blacked out ralliart ;)

evo x turbo, ets intercooler, turbosmart wga, aem intake, ur intercooler piping, ur turbo back exhaust, 3port

denzza
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby denzza » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:30 pm

vermilioN wrote:Yeah the 200kw ralliart definitely seems to high, why was the white evo tuned down?

Probably because of the sst and they need an sst cooler to run that high power ? im pretty sure.

FULL EVO X TURBO SETUP

APEXI ARC DESIGN INTAKE | RA BRAKE SETUP | APEXI N1 EVO -R 3" CAT BACK | UR CAT |

BC RACING BR COILOVERS

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:03 pm

denzza wrote:[quote:1eff07a4fa=vermilioN]Yeah the 200kw ralliart definitely seems to high, why was the white evo tuned down?[/quote:1eff07a4fa] Probably because of the sst and they need an sst cooler to run that high power ? im pretty sure.

SST can handle 300kw ATW, which is then where its getting close to its limits. 250 - 260kw sounds like the power figures for 98 fuel and possible 300kw with E85.. but I can't say really as I wasn't there.

But yeah... RA with those mods and E85 maybe, you get 200kw atw.. otherwise no way with stock turbo
AK 3" Single tip exhaust | 18x9 CST Zero 1 Hyper wheels |BC-BR Coilovers | UR UICP | Synapse DV | 3-pod A-Pillar | Adj. rear camber & toe arms | AK Aluminium undertray

denzza
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby denzza » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:05 pm

makes more sense :)

FULL EVO X TURBO SETUP

BC RACING BR COILOVERS

BST50N
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby BST50N » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:39 am

scott_drake wrote: Black Ralliart Evo X intercooler 3 Port i think 200kw Once again thank you Adam

Yes I'm interested in this - seems quite high. Others have got 190 i think. What magic are you working Adam?! Corn juice?
MAP EF2 turbo , DW65 fuel pump, ID1000 injectors, EvoX FMIC, UR dump pipe, 100 cell cat, CP-E Exhaust, aFe air filter...and mud flaps!

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:24 pm

haha happy dyno :)
So yes it was reading about 20kw higher than the Mainline I use in Melbourne... which is harsh but fair IMO and correlates fairly closely with Virtual Dyno
I can't do magic unfortunately!

Maxwell's X made 229kw on 22psi
(more like 210kw which is about right for that boost)

Scott's X made 245kw on 24-25psi
(so about 225kw)

Vi's X with E85 and GTX3071 put down 329kw at 26psi
(310kw, we got 310-315 on virtual dyno logging)
This car on a stock SST has put down 11.4 so far, more to come :)

James' X with EF3 and E85 was detuned to 285kw as it is a track car and does regularities and long sessions. An EF3 on E85 can make about 310kw on the SST give or take.

and latestly Steve's RA with evo X cooler put down 200kw. so about 180kw which is what I expect on virtual dyno and at RTR. This correlates well with Alex's RA which put down 178kw recently. and every other RA I have tuned with similar mods.
Steve's is running a bit of boost though. hrmmm not sure if I told him that heheh. Stock catback I think?
For reference, a stock RA on the dyno I normally use puts down 130-135kw.

Great fun had by all, top bunch of blokes and special thanks to Scott for being the hostess with the mostest for the day. and for the run at Nashos the night before.
If nothing else, it confirmed for me that EVCs on the CZ/CY platform are a horrible horrible thing. and that seemingly very few tuners in NSW understand how mivec in the 4B motor actually works :)
Modding or Tuning questions for your Lancer, RA or EVO? drop me a line!
http://BeebleTune.com

zedd82
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby zedd82 » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:48 pm

How much does the anti-lag shorten the life of the turbo/manifold?
Club CJ's fastest and most powerful Ralliart 349.8kw/ 469hp atw 12.068s 187km/h

Strez
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Strez » Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:14 am

Beeble wrote:If nothing else, it confirmed for me that EVCs on the CZ/CY platform are a horrible horrible thing. and that seemingly very few tuners in NSW understand how mivec in the 4B motor actually works :)

You are not wrong there my friend. I have an EVC and as good as it is. There are just too many headaches with getting it tuned and actually working properly. Goddamn engine lights
2012 Ralliart Lancer
- UR Catback
- Relocated Battery
- Gruppe M Carbon Intake
- Grimmspeed 3port
- Beebletooned
- BC BR Coilovers
- Whiteline Swaybars
- TE37SL

scott_drake
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby scott_drake » Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:27 pm

Strez wrote:[quote:519d4f872c=Beeble]If nothing else, it confirmed for me that EVCs on the CZ/CY platform are a horrible horrible thing. and that seemingly very few tuners in NSW understand how mivec in the 4B motor actually works :)[/quote:519d4f872c] You are not wrong there my friend. I have an EVC and as good as it is. There are just too many headaches with getting it tuned and actually working properly. Goddamn engine lights

I feel your pain, In the warm weather this Adam got this near damn perfect...Only like 1-1.5psi spike.....all day every day

We did not get the chance to tune in the cold weather

In the cold that is a whole new ball game with this controller.....In the cold it spikes like a mofo then goes to wastegate pressure for boost becuase of how quickly it spikes and the controller thinks "oh well ill just go wastegate pressure until its under control, then build boost again then spike again then wastegate pressure again"

We tuned for 25psi....In the warm weather no faults what so ever

In the cold i even turned down the boost to 22psi offset down to 70 (which is damn low) i get slow boost build up and knock then when it gets there it still spikes like a mofo, im talking about 28-30psi spikes here at 3-4k rpm which is damn dangerous (waiting for a rod to go through the block)

I MAY have found another way to control this issue of spiking all together, you need to set the wastegate pressure higher or lower (i cant remember) on the controller than what it actually is,

After researching ALOT into boost spiking with EBC...The most logical answer i could find was the evc is forcing the acuator shut during spool and not allowing it to open "when it should naturally"

Basically if your spring is meant to open at 13psi "naturally"....but on say the evc it might show 14.5psi

You set 14.5psi on the controller (but EBC's are off by 1-3psi depending on brands), .....So ebc is forcing the wastegate SHUT during spool causing it to spike during spool and before the controller can allow the wastegate to creep open to release that pressure like it should (by now the evc is going beeep beep beep, spike spike spike) it slams the wastegate wide open causing it not to hold boost....

To adjust the evc standard maxium boost the entire controller needs to be reset and readjusted...Im going to try this method mid next week, and if it is a success, GREAT!!!

If not, 3 port goes in Adam retunes me AGAIN! ( i should have listened to you and just done the 3 port)...

this will help you

http://www.3si.org/forum/f56/hks-evc-6- ... ew-488084/

el3ment
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby el3ment » Sat Sep 14, 2013 1:10 pm

Cant wait for you to get your hands on my tunes again Adam... Car def seems to run rich now after the fuel filter cleaning and new hoses...reaches AFR of 12 sometimes... :O

Beeble
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Beeble » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:41 pm

heh yeah in NSW, PT and ISMR both love the EVC. it's a good little money spinner for them too, with purchase and install cost. for reference, I do 3 ports installed for $150.

I used to have an AVCR on my evo9 way back when, but knowing what I know now I would go straight to a 3 port on any model evo or a RA and throw an EBC in the bin :)

Modding or Tuning questions for your Lancer, RA or EVO? drop me a line!

http://BeebleTune.com

Strez
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Strez » Sat Sep 14, 2013 8:58 pm

Fuck I wish I lived near you beeble
2012 Ralliart Lancer

- UR Catback

- Relocated Battery

- Gruppe M Carbon Intake

- Grimmspeed 3port

- Beebletooned