***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Need some advice

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

FL_BLUE_LANCER_09
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Need some advice

Postby FL_BLUE_LANCER_09 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:19 pm

I few weeks ago my car was involved in a accident, which was not my fault and have since had the car fixed. When I picked up the car from my preferred repairer and drove home I noticed the front left quarter panel was not aligned properly and when I looked under the bonnet there was also a bolt missing, so the very next day I took the car back and the repairer fixed both problems on the spot.

So I thought all seemed ok until I about to wash my car yestrday afternoon, when I noticed that there is a big gap where the front left quarter panel ends and the front left side a pillar meets, being that it was still only early in the afternoon I decide to go for a drive to my local Mitsubishi dealer and speak with my contact in spare parts /service and told him about my problem, he decided to have a look at it and discovered that the repairer has used a fake front left quarter panel part that looks the same a genuine, I asked my contact how he could tell the difference, so he showed me, by pushing the outside of the panel it started to flex under pressure. He advised me to call my insurance and tell them I was not happy with the quality of the work.

So this morning I made a call to my insurance and explained the issue, they entered my complaint about the issue and would pass it onto the assessor that approved my repairs in the first place. With in 10 minutes the assessor called me and organise to inspect the car on 12 march 2014. Over the next 2hours and so on the my perfered repairer has been calling me, but being at how angry I am, I decided not to answer any of there calls.

I have decided that when the assessor inspects my car I am gonna ask that the panel is replaced with genuine panel from Mitsubishi.

What else should I be checking on my car from now until the inspection?

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:37 pm

consider yourself very lucky that they are allowing a do over.
Other than cosmetic damage its very hard to effectively diagnose say suspension issues that maybe were not fixed by the repairer after you have taken delivery of your vehicle.
Or worse issues, noises, that occur from components they did not replace but were deemed "still good"
accelerated wear an tear of components is a bummer too. like a shock absorber that starts to leak 1 month after...

Take it to a mechanic you trust to look over say mechanical components that could have been impacted by the crash (if it was even that severe)

While interior you should be able to spot the difference with large gaps, non flush edges and corners, color differences, etc. otherwise take it to Mitsubishi. they usually have a keen eye for non OEM branded parts.

FL_BLUE_LANCER_09
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby FL_BLUE_LANCER_09 » Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:54 pm

I already had my mechanic have a good look at the car, left it with him on my day off from work, he could not find any problems with shocks or suspension

Zaphod
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Zaphod » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Stick to your guns Phil...
"The Human species has now evolved to the point where we only have two natural predators; ourselves and peanuts..."

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:39 pm

Repairers do it all the time, Charge insurance companies for OEM parts and buy and fit knock offs. Most insurance companies offer lifetime warranties on repairs so if you have enough doubt you can have them inspect the workmanship

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

FL_BLUE_LANCER_09
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby FL_BLUE_LANCER_09 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:25 am

Zaphod wrote:Stick to your guns Phil...

I'm not gonna let the repairer get away with it

FL_BLUE_LANCER_09
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby FL_BLUE_LANCER_09 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:31 am

Speedie wrote:Repairers do it all the time, Charge insurance companies for OEM parts and buy and fit knock offs. Most insurance companies offer lifetime warranties on repairs so if you have enough doubt you can have them inspect the workmanship

First repairer that my insurance sent me to was there preferred repairer and I asked if they were going to use genuine parts and said that they would use quality reproduced parts. So I told that repairer to get stuffed and I drove my car home since it was still drive able.

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:38 am

This happened to my friend she had the side of her car swiped by a semi trailer went in for repairs she got it back paint didn't match bolts where missing on her rear bar they had the car for 3 days she has complained and now its back in to get repaired now she is without her car for the next 4 to 6 weeks.

Hope all works out for ya phil

Return to “New South Wales”