***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Invite:Autism Advisory Sound Off and Show & Shine@Harrys

Local NSW State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

FL_BLUE_LANCER_09
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Invite:Autism Advisory Sound Off and Show & Shine@Harrys

Postby FL_BLUE_LANCER_09 » Tue May 15, 2012 10:15 am

date: 19/05/2012
day: Friday
where: HARRY'S CAFE DE WHEELS @ LIVERPOOL
time: 6:30pm until 11:00pm

Hey guys it's all happening at Harry's again... let's!!!!
MAKE SOME NOISE FOR AUTISM ADVISORY AND SUPPORT SERVICE,
We have our all time favorite Show and Shine and of course the Sound Off Comp.

SHOW AND SHINE $10
SOUND OFF $30

We also have a few things happening for this event. we have a live dj, DJ ANFO, we have the REDBULL girls coming to hand out some much needed energy for everyone. just remember to get one when you see them. also we have for the kiddies face painting as well as a like magic show, also from the AUSTRALIAS GOT TALENT we have the human car sound guy doing his stuff. as well as street performers showing us some dance moves on the night.

The Autism Advisory and Support Service (AASS) was founded Grace Fava in 2007. Together with a wonderful group of parents of children with Autism from SW Sydney in 2007, they set out to fill the void in the health care sector encountered by families of children with Autism.

AASS was established as a network support system to empower children with Autism and their families and create positive enviroment in the childs social and emotional development.

AASS is a not for profit charity run by volunteers, and relies on funding grants, donations and sponsorships to meet its operational costs. Despite the financial strain of not receiving any recurrent government funding, AASS has grown in size since its inception and has increased its range of service to assist families Australia wide, and even families from around the world and families affected by other disabilities.

AASS handles approximately 200 calls per month from families and service providers of children and adults with Autism. Services they provide include but are not limited to:

· Unbiased telephone guidance and support to newly diagnosed families or those battling transitions between services.

· Therapy play area and sensory garden at our office, AASS House located in Liverpool.

· Reference and toy library.

· Australias only 24 hour Autism Hotline which is manned by volunteer parents around Australia. Through the hotline we receive an average of 100 calls per month from families and service providers in crisis or simply looking for assistance where they know they will receive it.

· Individual advocacy for families who have no case management, respite or children who arfe suspended and expelled from schools due to their Autism.

· A number of parent support groups in a variety of languages.

· A social group for young adults with Autism, combining them with neuro typical peers and mentors

· A partnership with UWS Campbelltown school of medicine so the 3rd year med students can learn the reality of Autism and how individual each case is.

· Lobby the Government to ensure policy reflects the needs of families.

We do all this at no charge or a minimal fee to families.

If we can achieve this with no recurrent government funding, imagine what we can achieve with Government financial assistance.

We are tired and need more paid staff to assist with the families who are referred to us by paid service providers. If AASS close their doors, then thousands of families will be left once more with a feeling of isolation and no one to turn to in crisis. AASS need recurrent Government funding and families deserve the assistance that AASS provides them.

show and shine awards

BEST PAINT
SHOW STOPPER
BEST CUSTOM INSTALL
BEST OLD SCHOOL
BEST FORD
BEST BIKE
BEST UTE
BEST HOTROD
BEST HOLDEN
BEST INTERIOR

SOUND OFF

AMATEUR CLASS A
AMATEUR CLASS B

NOVICE CLASS A
NOVICE CLASS B

PRO CLASS A
PRO CLASS B

EXTREME CLASS A
EXTREME CLASS B

All info on sound off classes please go to team D.C.I on facebook and they will answer your questions

Sponsors

FUSION, TEAM D.C.I, SOUTH WEST SYDNEY CAR SCENE, HARRY'S CAFE DE WHEELS, VINNIES PIZZA, LIVERPOOL MARKETS, EXTREME CAR SALON AUSTRALIA.

Thank You All and Inivite your friends

BRE88N
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby BRE88N » Tue May 15, 2012 9:47 pm

are u going to enter dave

scraverX
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby scraverX » Wed May 16, 2012 2:28 am

I'd go, if it wasn't a Friday.
"Max" 2009 MY10 RX, Black. CCJ Lifetime Premium Member #0125
Car & Home audio nut.
Car audio brands used: Audison, Eclipse, Hybrid Audio Technology, Precision Power, Polk Audio, Pioneer PRS
Home Audio: Denon, Epos, Pro`ject, AKG

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Wed May 16, 2012 1:33 pm

Sounds Like a Great & Well Organized Event Phil , Also it is nice to hear that this support service & wonderful Volunteers are out there to help Individuals & their Family's :D
My Daughters Young Bloke had been Treated for ADHD "Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder " & He was put on all the wrong Drugs & We as a Family went to Hell & Back :cry: .... Then we found A Good Doctor who Diagnosed Blake with "Autism " & was given the right Treatment .... These support groups would of been a great help for us all So know what these Family's are going though & Yes I Feel the Government should do more Financially to help out ... Work is stopping me from attending & distance from home " Sorry " Good Luck With The Event ....

Regards Doreen :)
Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Wed May 16, 2012 1:58 pm

I'll be there for this too, Dave what time are you getting there?

FL_BLUE_LANCER_09
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby FL_BLUE_LANCER_09 » Wed May 16, 2012 6:48 pm

bez3rk wrote:530 probably if we wanna park as a club i dunno if i can save spots because there will be alot of cars so get there early if we wanna park together.

@ Dave pm me ur mobile number and I will give u a call when I arrive

BlueWRX
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby BlueWRX » Wed May 16, 2012 6:56 pm

I won't be entering got plans later on. Will get there about 5 so I can check out all the cars coming in

FL_BLUE_LANCER_09
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby FL_BLUE_LANCER_09 » Wed May 16, 2012 8:20 pm

DORA_ANNE wrote:Sounds Like a Great & Well Organized Event Phil , Also it is nice to hear that this support service & wonderful Volunteers are out there to help Individuals & their Familys :D My Daughters Young Bloke had been Treated for ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder & He was put on all the wrong Drugs & We as a Family went to Hell & Back :cry: .... Then we found A Good Doctor who Diagnosed Blake with Autism & was given the right Treatment .... These support groups would of been a great help for us all So know what these Familys are going though & Yes I Feel the Government should do more Financially to help out ... Work is stopping me from attending & distance from home Sorry Good Luck With The Event .... Regards Doreen :)

@ Doreen

I have nothing to do with organising the show for charity.

just posted on here to see if any nsw members in sydney metro would like to attend. that they can do so.

i am planning on attending if i don't have to stay back at work

phil

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Wed May 16, 2012 8:25 pm

Hmm .... Best Bike .....

Might give the Kwaka a polish ..

DORA_ANNE
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby DORA_ANNE » Thu May 17, 2012 7:36 am

@ Doreen I have nothing to do with organising the show for charity. just posted on here to see if any nsw members in sydney metro would like to attend. that they can do so. i am planning on attending if i dont have to stay back at work phil[/quote]

Hi Phil , I Didn't Read it as you had organized this event just stating it seems well organized with so many things happening ... Even Though it is good of you to post it up for others to enjoy 8) If you don't mind me asking Do You Do any of the Volunteer work for the Support Group ?

Doreen :)

Angels Are Sometimes Disguised As Friends

Return to “New South Wales”