***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Window Tint Melbourne?

Local Victorian State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

DTGriff
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby DTGriff » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:36 pm

I was informed by Tint Professor that the company had be bought over approx. 12-16 months ago and since have begun building their rep back up.

My tint was 100% perfect, no damage or anything and with life time warranty.

Happy as larry over here!
Sportback... because everything sexy needs an ass!

Mod Thread: http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=12562\

kalt
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby kalt » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:05 am

This happened to me, before the new management so hopefully not the same these days.

I had my car tinted in 2009, and two months later one window had developed a tear. I brought my car back to them and dealt with Rick who inspected it on the spot. He was a little reluctant and hesitant to replace tint on that one window, but eventually suggested I bring it back in a week's time (because they were busy with the winter tinting boom)

A week passed and I brought the car back and had to leave it there for half a day and pay for my taxi ride to and from work (no courtesy car on guarantee claims). Upon collection I found glue and water not only on the affected door but on both rear doors too - can only guess they redid the rear doors too when it wasn't necessary. I cleaned the door trims myself.

I wasn't too impressed with their 'unconditional lifetime warranty' offer after that, hopefully they are more obliging and careful with their work these days.
Signature For Lease - Apply Within

INVUR-1
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby INVUR-1 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:44 am

thanks for the info Al, is your tint ok now?

i planning to get my done as well but really dont want to face these problem. it just a big headache when they do a crappy job and no good after sales cust service.
(cj-black) oO~`AnDreW Black CJ VIC`~Oo (cj-black)

kalt
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby kalt » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:17 am

I can only say my experience of TP back in 2009 Andrew, if they changed management 18 months ago as David wrote, then they could well be a more professional outfit today :)

My tint is still on the windows, however they are slightly scratched on all door windows due to the hard rubber seals in my car. I should have taken preventative measures and insert felt/moleskin along those seals to cushion the electric windows, just couldn't find the time and energy to do it :S
Signature For Lease - Apply Within

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:38 pm

Got Bollé tint from Tint-A-Car Dandenong. It's $395, expensive yes, but certainly worth it mainly because of the workmanship. I can't find any bubbles, and the film itself is still perfect after a year.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

Return to “Victoria”