***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

QLD Pre Set Meets

Local QLD State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:40 am

I have an idea... Why don't we all wait until the Qld. Admin person is voted in, and then let them run with a community based, and informed decision on how to proceed with the Friday night meets....??

Oh, hang on - that wouldn't work at CCJ - Taking into account the groups collective decisions.... more and more like a CCJ Admin every day.

IMO the locations need to alternate, and they only need to be once a month (as per poll) - North/South.

I also think the locations need to be different and varied each time.

IMO the Castledine set of shops highlighted is one of the furthest Northside locations you could pick - As is the Dreamworld carpark to the South - (also useless at night, as it is locked down)

In the linked thread by Kyle I had suggested a lot of other locations to choose along with some mid-point, city locations - but that obviously doesn't suit....
- CCJ Premium Member #0015.
Tarq's Paintshop

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:47 am

i hope your not including me in the CCJ admin comment pete.
i listened, thats why we had xmas lunch at a venue i dont like :)

but.

IMO the locations need to alternate, and they only need to be once a month (as per poll) - North/South.

agree with that.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:01 am

No - never Steve.... :) I was just referring to more senior CCJ Mgt. :P:P

The first line of Mitch's first post says it all.... How many CCJ'ers were there to discuss this and make such a decision?? x3 maybe x4??

With the new Qld. Admin not having been confirmed yet - I thought it best to suggest that any 'final' decision and outcome on the Qld Monthly meets and locations should be left for the in-coming Admin to assess and sort out.... once voted in.

In the interim, organise what-ever you like - and thank you to Mitch for picking up the baton.

I'm never going to make a Southside meet if they're down that far - and although the Castledine location is only 15 minutes from me, I still think that both are too far North & South for it to be a fair trek to meet as regularly as they are now being decided.

Tarq's Paintshop

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:02 am

take it up with mitch he was happy to take over the mini meets he wants to do it.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:05 am

i thought we were taking it up with mitch ken?

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:14 am

I'm seeing all sides here but why do we have to wait till we have a rep as that will take weeks still. Anyone can arrange a meet/cruise.

I would like to see different locations and certainly some inner city ones but this is more work, personally I find going to the same locations becomes boring.

Mitch is giving it a good go. I guess the trouble is you can't please ALL the people ALL the time.

Just throwing it out there but:
Do we just want to have a date set in place and fly by the seat of pants each month/fortnight as to where we meet? have a bit of spontaneity? (This doens't leave room for people to plan though with work commitments)
Or
List top 5 locations (include Carseldine, Browns Plains and some from previous inner city list) and they are our next meet points :-)
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:16 am

sleeper wrote:i thought we were taking it up with mitch ken?

What I said to myself.... As both of us are previous Qld. Admins, I think I can speak for Steve to say you need to go with the community decision as often as you can....
If that has to be done via vote threads, then so be it - with the aim to give you the community consensus to then work towards. If there was a 13-3 vote to keep it monthly (posted on the 28th Feb), then why does a small group meeting at Dreamworld change that vote of x16 people to a fortnightly event....?

Jade - I agree too, but even from your post here, it highlights that the plans Mitch is making for April and May are not based on everyone's ideas.
You have just said the same locations can become boring (what I have been saying all along) - Yes, you're not going to please everyone all of the time - but that's the point isn't it?. Keeping the meets at the same location, is certainly not going to please everyone....

At least x2 other threads have been made recently asking CCJers about these Friday night meets. All have different outcomes and different decision being made about them.

My concern was that all these 'decisions' are then being forced upon the new Admin to then have to deal with.

Like I've said previously - I myself will not be able to get to many of these events due to family and work - but I was trying to offer suggestions and informed decision to assist.

They are obviously not wanted, so I will move back to the sideline
Last edited by Tarquin on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarq's Paintshop

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:23 am

i`m all for keeping ppl guessing, heh.

Do we just want to have a date set in place and fly by the seat of pants each month/fortnight as to where we meet? have a bit of spontaneity? (This doens't leave room for people to plan though with work commitments)
Or

and this is a good idea too.

List top 5 locations (include Carseldine, Browns Plains and some from previous inner city list) and they are our next meet points Smile

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:27 am

Updated

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:30 am

good idea pete step aside just let mitch run it he's not going to please everyone these inner city meets are stupid going through the city on a friday night at 6pm is a bloody night mare .

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:35 am

sorry Mitch, you got a tough job here mate, just trying to help *dizzy*
turbogirl

Member's Liaison Officer

Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:45 am

turbogirl wrote:sorry Mitch, you got a tough job here mate, just trying to help *dizzy*

Thats ok Jade. We all Know there is no way to Please everyone unfortunately. But if someone wants to take over feel Free :-)

Just trying to help keep QLD Active

Tarquin
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Tarquin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:48 am

Bye CCJ - Dictators everywhere

Obviously the Community has no say in anything decided upon by those who seek power.

A 13-3 vote not a month ago changed on a whim...

Options for others to attend in different North and South locations just thrown to the kurb - cause someone doesn't like diving his car in traffic.... or roads with a ounce of dirt on them.

Nice. What's the point.
Last edited by Tarquin on Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tarq's Paintshop

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:49 am

its all good mitch , your doing a great job mate , you run how you want to run it. if people don't like it too bad don't come.

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:51 am

no theres no way to please everybody mitch, that why u set up an opinion poll, which u did :)
if u dont want to heed that pole thats up to u, but by all means, if u want bi monthly meets go right ahead, i`m just giving u a scenario of what will happen.

Return to “Queensland”