***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Track Day

Local WA State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

WSL520
INACTIVE Member Account

Track Day

Postby WSL520 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:22 pm

Hi guys...
Anyone interested with track day in WA and at the same time do the club meet ? I think this will be a good fun 1/2 day out for us !

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:18 am

Damn it, when is Victoria going to have a track day?!? Every other state seems to have one or have ideas to plan one :) Seems we Victorians are a little light footed on the pedal when it comes to our cars...... noone seems to entertain the idea of tracking :(

WSL520
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby WSL520 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 2:06 pm

hehhehe... I was in Melbourne before move to Perth the last few months, otherwise we can go together !!

exaltd
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby exaltd » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:45 pm

*sigh* opposite for me :P i used to be in Perth :P

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:09 am

YES! count me in :)

I think MCA (WA) are thinking of organising another track day, so if there isn't enough interest here we could always join in on theirs.

I think the airport AHG/RAC(?) one you need 12 people to go, but I'm not too sure on that one.
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul.
ImageImage
Daily Driver: Yamaha R1
Weekend Warrior: BMW Z4 Roadster

LZY_EYE
Genius
Genius

Postby LZY_EYE » Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:29 pm

I know Wakefield have a think called "Speed off the Streets".

It is a day put aside and you just rock up, so doesn't matter how many numbers.

To have a full on Track Day there is the risk of having to book the track and make up the numbers etc.

Might be something to consider, and see if they offer those sorts of days.

WSL520
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby WSL520 » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi Graham.. Yes.. I attended the PDC in the airport before with MCA. But seems the track day there is held on week days

Mez
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mez » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:46 am

If any one knows of a WA track day coming up, PM me so I don't miss it :wink:

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:59 am

Adding to this post I emailed regarding the AHG airport track and the response is quoted below.

I may be organising the Tuning arvo with a few friends in the nearish future, if you are interested please express it here and if/when I decide to organise it I will let you know :D

Dear Graham,

Thankyou for your email. We have a couple of different track hire options.

MC Motorsport run a number of private events for groups of friends or even car clubs.

You must be able to supply your own vehicle and helmet.

Bookings are open to anyone with a roadworthy car and the current applicable licence to drive that vehicle. No special competition licence is required for any of the performance driving courses or tuning sessions.

Private Performance Driving Course

The performance driving course is an opportunity to bring your own vehicles to the skid pan. The four hour session begins with a driver safety briefing and half a jour on performance driving techniques.

After the classroom you will head onto the skid pan where the instructor will go in car for a couple of runs and teach you to drive your particular vehicle under performance conditions.

Cost 8-10 people $825.00

11-16 people $1,110.00

The session times are the same for this course but we can run it on any day that suits you.

Private Driver Tuning Arvo

The private tuning sessions can be run Monday-Friday dependant on venue availability. It’s for 12 people maximum.

The tuning arvo is an opportunity to bring your own vehicle out to the centre to use our road circuit and also the skid pan in a motorkhana setup under the supervision of an instructor.

Cost $600.00

For course availability contact the office on 9479 5754 or email me!

Bookings can be made over the phone with a credit card or for other payment options please don’t hesitate to email me. For bookings terms and conditions please read the client information sheet attached. We need a 50% deposit at the time of booking.

ImageImage

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:08 pm

Hey Ashleigh,

For the Private Driver Tuning Arvo the price is $600, is this a flat rate for the afternoon regardless of drivers or is it per person?

I assume that the Tuning arvo is only monday-friday and is not available on weekends?

Also with the public Performance Driving Course on 15th of November if I want to go individually do I need to make a booking and what would the cost be for just myself?

Thanks!

Graham

Graham

It is a flat rate of $600.00 with a maximum of 12 participants.

As I said in the previous email we can only do it Monday – Friday due to our V8’s running on the track on Saturdays and Sundays.

The public PDC is $95.00 per person. You will need to book in advance for this course, payment is needed at the time of the booking.

ImageImage

WSL520
INACTIVE Member Account

Postby WSL520 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:00 pm

Hi Graham
When your tuning arvo will be ? If it will be on week end then perhaps I can persuade my wife to join ... :)
I just got my evo x wing from x-factor so hope by that day, i can manage to install it !! Do you know a good place to install spoiler professionally in Perth ? The last thing I want is a leaking boot afterwards...

Graham
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Graham » Wed Nov 04, 2009 1:43 pm

Hey,

I'm not sure yet, I'll have to check with a few friends and find a day that suits us as we will all need to get the day off work.

The weekend one is probably the best bet as there will be a much greater turnout, downside is we cannot use the track though :P

Ahh nice, I installed mine myself and so far so good, that's without any silicone or anything though, if you want I can give you a hand, but if you want a professional install there is a good place called the spoiler shop

http://www.spoilershop.com.au/

ImageImage

Return to “Western Australia”