***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

SA's next cruise meet ideas please

Local SA & NT State News, Meets, Cruises, Information & Talk.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

shamoo
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby shamoo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:30 pm

Go karts is on the books for a future cruise. The main concern is its kinda expensive.
We did this a few years back and it was AWESOME! The bruises and sore ribs the next day were not so cool however :(
We went to the go karts at pooraka on research road. We hired the whole track and cos it was at night we had the track for as long as we wanted. This track is really cool. Its all out doors n pretty big. The karts there are faster too then kart mania ones. The catch it though to hire the track we needed min 10 people. At that stage track here was $600, so $60 per person. But the place now has new owners and price has gone up to $1000 for track hire :(
When we were there we had 2 teams of like 5 ppl and did 3 races for each team, then the too 5 fastest had their own race. It was a great night.

I'm not too sure what the other go kart places are like. I've heard Richmond is pretty good and they also do track hires.
I have some friends who go to gepps x a lot. They pay $45 but I duno how many laps that gets them.

I have spoken to Karl about gokarting as he races them on weekends. He might be able to help out as hrs in the business.

Also the dudes who do Malanats are doing a second Mallanats for the year later on. They are also doing a Jap Nats in Oct. They are looking for cars to enter in the show n shine. I have enquied about a club entry for the show n shine. After seeing the quality of the cars on display at All Jap Day, our lancers are worthy of being put on display.
If your interested let me know.
"A city without trees isn't fit for a dog!" Trees For Life

VRX_chickie_26
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby VRX_chickie_26 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:27 pm

Hey my partner and I are keen to join in... This will be my first cruise on CCJ. As all the other ones that have been on we have had previous plans.

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:57 pm

VRX_chickie_26 wrote:Hey my partner and I are keen to join in... This will be my first cruise on CCJ. As all the other ones that have been on we have had previous plans.

You won't regret it :)
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

VRX_08
Genius
Genius

Postby VRX_08 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:51 pm

Victor Harbor / Cape Jervis Run!

A few of us did this run the other day, start at Hallet Cove Shopping Centre or somewhere nearby then head towards Victor Harbor via Main South / Victor Harbor Rds, stop at Victor Harbor for lunch or something then head too Cape Jervis via Range Rd (a nice road with some good views and bends) and to Delamere and onto Main South Rd to Cape Jervis for some photos and a look around and then back to Adelaide via the scenic Main South Rd stopping at some of the towns along the way back! :)

Map: http://goo.gl/maps/1FCkL

hjubm2
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby hjubm2 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:58 pm

VRX_08 wrote:Victor Harbor / Cape Jervis Run! A few of us did this run the other day, start at Hallet Cove Shopping Centre or somewhere nearby then head towards Victor Harbor via Main South / Victor Harbor Rds, stop at Victor Harbor for lunch or something then head too Cape Jervis via Range Rd (a nice road with some good views and bends) and to Delamere and onto Main South Rd to Cape Jervis for some photos and a look around and then back to Adelaide via the scenic Main South Rd stopping at some of the towns along the way back! :) Map: http://goo.gl/maps/1FCkL

Was a great day but it was starting to get a bit long for a cruise considering all the extra places we went, it turned out quite costly. Was quite a costly day considering from here it was nearly 500 kms all up, only just got home on a full tank of fuel, and then the roads were so bad that I now need a full new set of tires after hitting a pothole... Maybe exclude Cape Jervis next time, make it a bit shorter by staying in the area closer to Victor. Just a thought anyway.

JJams6
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby JJams6 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:50 pm

The road to victor is terrible!! plus crap traffic nothing worse then getting stuck behind slow drivers......we need something new and fresh everyones been to victor and the hills there gotta be somewhere in adelaide that none of us have been to in a long time? and with the price of fuel we should just be doing smaller fun cruises.

Its hard for either person with distance with majority of us living north and a few south.
(cj-orange)

hjubm2
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby hjubm2 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:09 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:Yeah but us southies dont always wanna have to come out north! Not saying we need to do victor necessarily cause that is a fair run, esp for you guys out north, but we do need to spread it about to be fair. Its not cheaper for me to come out there than it is for you guys to come down here!

I wasn't complaining about going South Erin, it was more just the condition of the road mixed with all the added distance we covered along the way. It was quite an extra distance out of the way to go back via Cape Jervis so was just suggesting to keep it in one area if we went down there another time instead of how we did it the other day.

kay christensen
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby kay christensen » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:47 pm

was still a great day :) was fun being passanger etc :p
No matter where you are, whether it's a quarter mile or half way across the world, you'll always be with me and always be my BROTHER - Dominic Toretto. RIPPaulWalker
(cj-red)

JJams6
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby JJams6 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:23 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:^ I was more aiming my comment at James bit about most ppl being out North V South.

not saying more cruises should be north........just that we all need to think of cruises that suit north and south people.

why dont we just do a city cruise? a night cruise would be great with random stops if it suits people though as most of us work Saturdays but have sundays off and i guess most wouldn't want to do a late sunday arvo/night cruise?
(cj-orange)

Tac89
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Tac89 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:17 pm

City cruises are too hard. Get split up even easier.

Seffy
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Seffy » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:26 pm

St. Kilda playground and we have fun going down the slides and flying foxes.
Crayon Pop "straight-five engine" dance ftw.

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:28 pm

I don't mind city cruise because it wouldn't matter if we get split up if people knew where to go ..... We should do a point bu point map I.e

Turn right at port rush road , then turn left at green hill road , then no one could possible get lost if they did then they could find there way back ! Just a point
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

Return to “South Australia & Northern Territory”