***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Might be time for me to say Goodbye..

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

tjoz
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tjoz » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:30 pm

Does group buy include Alfa Romeo Mito?? Thats what I getting next, either base or GTA if I in good position by the time that one gets here. Unless Mitsubishi offer a 2door Lancer in the next model cycle or if they bring in the Eclipse otherwise highly likely I will never own another Mitsubishi again.

Aspired
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Aspired » Wed Nov 17, 2010 9:07 pm

Do what you need to do Michael. There is nothing wrong with a Ford XR6.

You need to look at the things that matter most to you and then decide on the model to get.
If you can afford a little extra and you still like the XR6, go for a BF. The earlier BA did have a few issues,
like most series 1 model cars after an upgrade/facelift do. Get one with the premium sound system(colour display).
The systems are integrated into the cars electrics and you can not rip out the system to replace it with something else.
The standard system is a poxy little mono display unit.

If you want GAS, go for a factory straight GAS not dual fuel. Not sure if there are any straight gas XR6 though.
Handling wise, a bigger heavier stock standard car will not handle as good as a smaller lighter car, but these things are
very easily fixed with a few $ spent, if thats what you want. It all goes back to what you are looking for. The XR6 has its
strengths and weaknesses, as does your Lancer and every other car.

If I was to change today, I would go for the Ford FG G6ET 'cause I like the extra luxury and power from the Turbo.

As for the CJ Lancer ES wiping an XR6... I don't think so, and if it does I say there are some problems with that XR6.

But if you want a Ford that is a bit more special and unique, Find your self a nice Ford T3 TE50 or TS50. I know they are
getting on in years, but they are a great car to drive with heaps of power and they also have great handling. Before you
knock it, take one for a test drive. You will be amazed. I know a lot of T3 owners, so if you want to drive one to see whats
so special about them let me know and I will arrange a drive for you. Not so good on fuel though, they do like to drink and
only the premium stuff too.

edit:
Just remembered your age... you can forget about the T-Series

Mizta B
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mizta B » Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:29 pm

Ah Michael
It sounds like our young Tadzorz is growing up LOL :lol:
Seriously mate I for one will be sad to see your blue beasty depart but if that's what your heart is truly set on then I say go for it!
Life's too short to have regrets mate and you have your whole life ahead of you so enjoy every minute of your younger years as they are so fleeting
I hope you do stick around as we have become very fond of you mate and watched you and your car grow
It's been quite a journey and you will always be a part of this club - You are our mate and that won't change because you drive a Blue Oval
Best of luck with the decision and let's hope your CJ goes to someone who will appreciate her
Always your friend - Chris (MiztaB)
Australasian Gerbil Rearers Organisation, Official Re-Seller.
MY09 Rally Red VRX ClubCJ's 1st 4B12 2.4L - CCJ Lifetime Member #0004.
Merlinised....

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:08 pm

The amount of advice in this thread is ridiculous :P

Falcons are easy to drive. It'd be a change but thats it.

I HEARD that manual ones have a really heavy clutch but obviously you'd test drive so whatevs. If you're even going manual. :)

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:10 am

ofey wrote:
GlenoCJ wrote:Im sure there are a lot of members here who may buy a car from a differant manufacturer sometime in the future. Things change over time.
Im hoping this club can continue for years to come even though there will be new model lancers coming and going.
Good luck whatever you decide
Cheers :)

Interesting thought. Why don't we group buy our upgrade. This time though, let's wait at least 2 yrs after the model is released before we do our group trade. It would be very funny if we had the next ClubCX or something and all the characters were the same... .

well...maybe we find a new acronym for CJ? car jesters? (we have enough jokers on hear to make it work :p)
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

ofey
Alumni
Alumni

Postby ofey » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:30 am

Its a good point Peter. Perhaps we keep the same community but rejig the meaning of CJ.

However if we all go to new and different cars. It'd be very difficult to group buy!
Beeble tooned MY08 OEd. w/ RA BKit+SWheel
Cosworth Panel Filter w/ RA Intake | SuperCircuit 4-2-1 Headers | Creat’d Ti-tipped SS exhaust
BC BR-type Coilovers | UR + Whiteline Bars
EBC GreenStuff Pads | RDA Rotors

kinesis
Project Team Member

Postby kinesis » Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:37 am

true...but it's a small price for the community that we've built up to date.

so, to keep on topic, tadz. you're one of us and always will be. so don't go disappearing...
Blitz Air Filter | RPW Stage 1 ECU Flash Tune | UR Front Tower Strut Bar | UR Rear Lower Bar
Alpine iDA-X305 headunit | LED Taillights | VG Sharkfin Antenna

driftnut((
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby driftnut(( » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:20 pm

tadz, mate it will be a sad day if u do leave, but just remember

you can take the boy out of the lancer, but you can never take the lancer out of the boy!
you will be sadly missed, but PLEASE dont get a falcon my mate's have them and they are always having them fixed.

driftnut((.. ClubCJ's first RX TURBO, Merlinised, K&N pod 18" KING wheels, BC coil overs, Alpine/Pioneer system, Short shifter, Cat back system, Evo x turbo system, ralliart injectors & pump

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:54 am

Boys, after much deliberation...

I'm sticking around :). I cant part with my car just yet. I've taken one for a drive and they are beautiful to drive, comfortable and roomy, but it aint no lancer.

Tadz is here to stay!!!
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!
Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

86MIM
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby 86MIM » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:05 am

Good to know Tadz :D
kii

tykkään kiiltävä, nopeasti ja se on saanut olla ähkyä.
ClubCJ Lifetime Member #86

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:13 am

Oh Crap! :(

LOL

tadz0rz
Genius
Genius

Postby tadz0rz » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:22 am

Sorry ben, gotta help lead the blue boys, hey wouldnt it be funny if your car magicly changed into a blue colour some how when you come to melbourne :D
Got a question? Read the ClubCJ Ultimate Guide First!!

Just...Dont worry about it ;)Dont Click Me

bd-850
Alumni
Alumni

Postby bd-850 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:28 am

Havent you seen this pic

vlad_the_impaler
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby vlad_the_impaler » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:07 pm

Good to know u still arround.
Hope to meet you finally Michael!