***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Blue Ribbon Mitsubishi Dealers BOOO YEAH NOT SO BAD EH.

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

anghel132
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Blue Ribbon Mitsubishi Dealers BOOO YEAH NOT SO BAD EH.

Postby anghel132 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:26 pm

So I joined ClubCJ because I was excited to be a soon to be owner of a new Lancer Aspire MY12. Maybe I jumped the gun a bit.. sue me.

So I was speaking to the dealers on Saturday, neged the price down to 25k. Started up the paperwork before I had to bail.. They promised to come to my workplace to finish it all first thing this morning.

And what happens? Guy comes back saying "Sorry we can't do 25k.. best we can do is 26,500" - EVEN AFTER saying they could do 25,990 on the day.

I'll be giving the Manager a call first thing tomorrow morning... but we'll see, I knew dealers would haggle back hard but I never thought they'd RENEG, the worthless dishonourable bastards!

If this doesn't pan out, looks like I'll be saying goodbye to you guys, I thank you for all the questions you've answered for me in the mean time... and if I do have to leave... Don't forget. DON'T EVER GO TO BLUE RIBBON MOTORS IN YAMANTO QLD.

EDIT: They aren't thaaat bad. Read further.
Last edited by anghel132 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:29 pm

ok id be telling them that's not good enough and they have to honor that first offer !!!!!! id be kicking up some real shit about that!!! or give you an extra 500 for the trade in , if they want they sale they will do it

im sorry to hear it though , just find another aspire to buy lol
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:33 pm

but you have to understand there salesmen thats what they do stick to your guns and don't take it personaly play there game i've had heard a lot of good reports of there service department.

kalt
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby kalt » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:38 pm

Surely there is more than 1 Mitsubishi dealer in Brisvegas... Ask another dealer if they willing to come to the table??

Try to relax Eddie, turn off that keyboard rage before it consumes you too much and becomes road rage.
Signature For Lease - Apply Within

Speedie
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby Speedie » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:44 pm

$27000 is the cheapest I've seen an Ex-demo aspire. But if a sales person gives you a price they should honour it

Or you could buy Shiftas RA

[Evo X Brembos] [Evo X Intercooler] [Evo X UICP]

anghel132
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anghel132 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:53 pm

See? This is why I wanna stick around, cheers guys!

Nah, it's honestly just about the promises they made ya know? My grandpa lived in the mafia days.. he had a bit of money and lent it out to a family friend.. Gramps said "don't worry about it, just take of the family".. but the guy promised he'd make furniture for him in return (that was his business)..

He never fulfilled the promise and old Gramps paid a visit and beat him to an inch of his life...

Given, we've mellowed out over the generations, but promises are still kept in pretty high regard.. =/

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:07 pm

yep this is 2013 in australia not 1930 in sicily unless its written down on paper in a contract it doesn't mean squatt there's no such thing as a deal on a hand shake anymore.

anghel132
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby anghel132 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:14 pm

See the annoying thing is, they wrote down the price on the paperwork and I signed it. Now they're saying that doesn't mean squat.

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:17 pm

do you have a copy of that agreement ?

kalt
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby kalt » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:44 pm

anghel132 wrote:See the annoying thing is, they wrote down the price on the paperwork and I signed it. Now theyre saying that doesnt mean squat.

wow, con-artists in Brisvegas, that's completely unheard of and totally abnormal! :P wink wink! :D

It's your money Eddie, make 'em work for it.

Counter offer him, ok $26,500 but he got to build you a sofa table like this one:

https://www.adriatic.com.au/products/ze ... havana.htm

and throw in floor mats and headlight protectors while he's at it.

All this talk about dealings, handshakes and reneged promises reminds me of Jerry Maguire.

But in reality, best to walk away from the deal and find someone better.
Signature For Lease - Apply Within

whitenight
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby whitenight » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:58 pm

you should also tell them that your in clubcj that might twist them a bit too they know the power of car clubs have.

squala
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby squala » Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:55 am

Don't ever give into their rubbish. You will from time to time feel bad that they've conned you into that car. Trade-in is already low enough, so if they can't honour what you've agreed on, walk away. Those jerks have no dignity.
///// /////
7 airbags
6-speed SST
5-star safety
4-wheel drive
3-diamond badge
2 overhead cams
1 awesome ride
0 demerit points and gutter rash

debonaire
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby debonaire » Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:08 pm

Either you have a signed contract, or you haven't.

I can only imagine what the 'paperwork' was that you signed, but I'm assuming you initialled something to say you would be happy to buy that car for $25000 then took off.

You can sign to say you'll buy it for 20c, but until you have a legal contract signed by you, a witness and the sales manager, you haven't bought a car.

Anywho, when the hell did Aspires get so cheap, I used to sell them for 35 not 25.

Return to “General Talk”