***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

What did you do on your car today?

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:47 pm

TrojanHorse wrote:Busy boy mark! I wish I had time off this arvo to clean my car :( What do you mean you painted them white? Just the logo, not the whole sidewall I hope! :lol:
nar just the Bridgestone potenzas word lol
1998 MR lancer
2009 CJ lancer sportback
2011 Renault Sport RS250 Trophee Cup
2000 Tommi Makenin Evolution 6.5

BZC-45S
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby BZC-45S » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:39 pm

Went to a 'reputable' tyre place to get my alignment done (I have ongoing issues with car pulling to the left, outside edge of front left tyre worn excessively). They said the wear on the outer edge is too severe it wasn't roadworthy, I can't drive it away in unroadworthy condition, insisted I had to replace it. I had just bought new tyres 6 mths ago, and they won't replace just the one worn tyre, I had to buy a pair at minimum. So flat broke this weekend I'm gutted I don't even feel like driving the thing anymore.

Lesson for all: keep up with your regular wheel alignments and rotations. Every 6 months or whenever you get an oil change, rotate your tyres. If your car develops any alignment issues, attend to it immediately don't let it slide until a time that's convenient for you or it may end up costing you a whole lot more!

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:04 pm

BZC-45S wrote:Went to a reputable tyre place to get my alignment done (I have ongoing issues with car pulling to the left, outside edge of front left tyre worn excessively). They said the wear on the outer edge is too severe it wasnt roadworthy, I cant drive it away in unroadworthy condition, insisted I had to replace it. I had just bought new tyres 6 mths ago, and they wont replace just the one worn tyre, I had to buy a pair at minimum. So flat broke this weekend Im gutted I dont even feel like driving the thing anymore. Lesson for all: keep up with your regular wheel alignments and rotations. Every 6 months or whenever you get an oil change, rotate your tyres. If your car develops any alignment issues, attend to it immediately dont let it slide until a time thats convenient for you or it may end up costing you a whole lot more!
that is ridiculous i would have told them to go get stuffed ... but in other words
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

tencents
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby tencents » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:14 pm

BZC-45S wrote:Went to a reputable tyre place to get my alignment done (I have ongoing issues with car pulling to the left, outside edge of front left tyre worn excessively). They said the wear on the outer edge is too severe it wasnt roadworthy, I cant drive it away in unroadworthy condition, insisted I had to replace it. I had just bought new tyres 6 mths ago, and they wont replace just the one worn tyre, I had to buy a pair at minimum. So flat broke this weekend Im gutted I dont even feel like driving the thing anymore. Lesson for all: keep up with your regular wheel alignments and rotations. Every 6 months or whenever you get an oil change, rotate your tyres. If your car develops any alignment issues, attend to it immediately dont let it slide until a time thats convenient for you or it may end up costing you a whole lot more!

same. i replaced 2 front 6 months ago, ongoing issuewith car pullling left, just had another alignment. 2 in 2 months coz first time pulled left likea mofo. took it back to adjust, even nowits better but stll pulling a little. is this common on cjs. never had a car with such alignment headache
- GST basemap
- AMS boostpill
- Works High flow drop in air filter
- Evo X BPV
- UR UICP

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:17 pm

u need to find a place that will do a good wheel alignment mine was pulling to the left after the wheel alignment i took it back asap and told them to re do it until they got it right !
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

Damir
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby Damir » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:47 am

I finally lowered my car =D
springs still havnt compressed yet so ill post photos in a week or so
30mm drop to remove most of that god awful front wheel gap
My Build Thread : http://clubcj.net/viewtopic.php?t=14731
ROTM Winner OCTOBER 2015 (Nominated for favourite CJ)
-Australia's first airbagged CJ-

24LVRX
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby 24LVRX » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:12 pm

Getting my exhaust done. Taking rear muffler and replacing it with a resonator!
Courtney

*24LVRX*

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:50 pm

I had some courier run up the rear of me ;(
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

Mitch
Alumni
Alumni

Postby Mitch » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:22 pm

Had final mod installed this morning new Alpine 12inch Type S Sub

Metalstrix
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Metalstrix » Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:31 pm

Grumpy wrote:Oh no ! Hope youre o.k.... Much damage ?

Pretty bad from what I've seen. Enough to make you strangle the person who hit you ><
They will learn... I will always be a step ahead

No longer an active member.

SIX
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby SIX » Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:30 pm

Metalstrix wrote:[quote:170af32f1f=Grumpy]Oh no ! Hope youre o.k.... Much damage ?[/quote:170af32f1f] Pretty bad from what Ive seen. Enough to make you strangle the person who hit you ><
I just watch my dash cam video I nearly did strangle him I said f@#k word quite a few times
1998 MR lancer

2009 CJ lancer sportback

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:59 pm

Started building a wiring loom to fit driving lights to the Evo (provided the light mounting bar I have ordered from USA is good enough.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

Return to “General Talk”