***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Mitsubishi Warranty question- Issues as always!!

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

Evo_Girl
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Mitsubishi Warranty question- Issues as always!!

Postby Evo_Girl » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:35 am

Ok so my car is currently being looked at by Mitsubishi because of a noise it's been making for a couple of weeks. I had a friend who' a mechanic look at it and he told me that the centre differential is lose and just needs to be tightened.

So I called Mitsubishi told them this, they had a go saying that they don't go off what other people say blah blah blah, which is fair enough. Now mechanically all I changed was the springs, intake and exhaust. According to my research as well as my friend none of these should be the cause of the differential becoming lose.

So got a call from Mitsubishi saying that if they find the problem and it's was caused by something I changed I have to pay $135 per hour that they spent on the car plus x amount to fix it.

Now I know I took a risk by doing these things but all of the above was done over a year ago so not sure why they would cause problems now and I know that car dealers will do anything to try and get out of giving warranty as it's out of pocket for them.

So question is how likely is it that what I have done on the car mechanically would affect the differential? And if they try and tell me it's my fault can I argue since it is up to them to prove that it is x that caused y to break?

Evo_Girl
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby Evo_Girl » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:02 pm

It sounds like something is lose/raddeling. It only happens when I go over bumps or if I am driving under 60km. It's not a constant noise so I it can be so many different things.

rokpapaziz
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby rokpapaziz » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:12 pm

Could be sway bar endlinks or a loose bolt somewhere. I had this issue last week and it was a loose bolt on my left strut top

lancerdarryl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby lancerdarryl » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 pm

Centre differential ? Is your car AWD or FWD? I would be waiting to see what Mitsubishi diagnoses rather than having a guess.
Evolution X MR+ Lancer VRX Sportback +LA Lancer GSR
"Don't back off until you hit something"

himynameisdaniel
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby himynameisdaniel » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:47 pm

Centre differential ? Is your car AWD or FWD? I would be waiting to see what Mitsubishi diagnoses rather than having a guess.

+1

Just finished reading through this thread.
I'm a little unsure of the first post.

Did they not document what they fixed or they just charge you for troubleshooting.

Dire
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby Dire » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:55 pm

If it just needs tightening why didn't your friend do it?

My 2001 lancer had a hollow rattling sound from under the car at low speeds... Turned out the catalytic converter was broken, with its guts rattling around inside it.

Return to “General Talk”