***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Online dating experience

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

MikeDoush
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Online dating experience

Postby MikeDoush » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:30 pm

What is yours? I want to try it but afraid of scams

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Re: Online dating experience

Postby bumblebee » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:35 pm

From what i have heard avoid "plenty of fish" i think it was called.

My suggestion to you is go out and have fun..meet new people. Join a club or somethingof your fav sport or recreation activities and there you will find all kinds on interesting people.

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:36 am

You're in a club right here, okay maybe the male to female ration is a little skewed but its still a place to meet new people, maybe organize a meeting in your area for a drive or just lunch or BBQ if its a nice winters day.
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

VRXblack
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby VRXblack » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:32 am

i was interested in doing an online dating thing but all my friends that have done it have basically told me unless you pay for the service then forget about it. also even the paid ones are average as well. always a lot more males than females.

but if you do go out and try it do some research, have a look at reviews and also see if you can find information on the ratio, always helps.
if you want to try something for fun to try and get you started and just meet people, look at speed dating. have done it twice now, heaps of fun not as awkward cause everyone there is pretty much doing the same thing and its just quick. its a good step to when you get yourself out there plus a good chance to meet someone and potentially catch up with them again to get to know them better. basically all that awkward first convo is out of the way and done in 2mins.
Black 2010 VRX Lancer

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:13 pm

Must be a generation thing. Seems younger generation are hooked on speed dating where my generation we go out and meet people face to face and talk and mingle and experience life rather then expect to have the "one" delivered to us via a website/phone app

trevordd
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby trevordd » Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:52 am

​I am not really into online dating, but my friend has used some dating websites. He met his wife on http://www.cupid.com/free-local-singles.htm website. He says, it is very reliable and nice. It has some anti-scam protection there. My friend is going to get married soon, they are very happy together
Last edited by trevordd on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MiracleLancer
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby MiracleLancer » Wed Jul 26, 2017 12:21 pm

I tried it for a little while, had no luck haha.
CF Lancer GSR 2.4L CVT Sportback
Tenzo-R Cuzco V.1

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:37 pm

Goto bbqs with friends and meet people. Join a club for something you enjoy. Go to dance lessons be it salsa or rock and roll dances. People of all ages goto dance lessons. Never know who you might meet.if you think your going to meet the person of your dreams drunk at a pub/bar/night club think again

MikeDoush
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby MikeDoush » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:59 pm

Hi there! It's me again :D I have started using Tinder lately. What are your thoughts on it? Do you have some success stories?

ReeceCozaa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby ReeceCozaa » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:19 am

It’s generally for a hit and quit, but some people find successful lovers! My cousins been with his missus for two years now they go well and all from tinder bAhaha
We are all in it for the fun!

sarusa
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby sarusa » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:22 am

Met my wife, how can I put it! Accidentally, by chance!!??. Been married for over 60+ years.
5 children, 15 grand children and 10 great grand children.

Love them all!!

VRXblack
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby VRXblack » Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:46 am

i gave up on tinder a while back, too many fake profiles and too many matches where there was no conversation what so ever.

i actually met someone via fix up. if people still call that these days. friend of mine said i should add this girl via facebook did that and probably the best thing i have done so far. she's definitely not a person what would go on tinder so probably would never have met ya if i kept on with it.
try bumble, a couple of older friends swear by it and reckon its a lot better than tinder
Black 2010 VRX Lancer

MikeDoush
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby MikeDoush » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:03 pm

Hi there! I stopped using it long time ago, it did not work for me the way I expected it would. That is why, I switched to some dating services like Secret Benefits, for example. I think it is a great way to find someone. I have been chatting with one girl there and we will meet soon. I am so excited about it!

bumblebee
Post Monster
Post Monster

Postby bumblebee » Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:49 pm

Sadly too many people put way too much pressure on themselves that they need to be in a relationship.
You can thank the media for this and ramming it down your necks everywhere you look.
According to the media everyone is supposed to be in a happy relationship and nice houses with white picket fence and life is all Rosey Dandy and Peaches.
Life is far from that.
Relax
Enjoy life
Stop pressuring yourself
It will happen when you least expect it
Get out and enjoy life and living

Return to “General Talk”