***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Car cleaning

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

nutterbug
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby nutterbug » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:31 pm

Tadz, I think my dad calls it 'vinyl smoke'. I used to get it something chronic in my old car but that may be because I couldn't be bothered cleaning the windows very often!

I use Autoglym super resin polish and glass polish on the outside and Autoglym Fast Glass on the inside windows (safe for tinted windows). I just use a damp cloth on the dash and wipe over with a microfibre one afterwards
8, It's a Melbourne record :P

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:33 pm

Updated mine..with pictures :)

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:38 pm

Hey Davee, I want my ride that height. How much lower do you have yours than stock? 1.5 inch or 2 inch???

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:42 pm

Check PM's

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:21 pm

+1 Davee THANKS

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:11 pm

I use Meg's NXT car wash, its been great.

One thing I'm debating right now is if I should get paint protection reapplied the left side of the car following my accident, where it was re-spayed.

Spent this afternoon polishing the side up with Meg's Gold Class liquid wax & came out a silky smooth mirror finish. Better than the day I brought it home.

Bonnet is already showing a few micro scratches & feel restricted I cant give it a quick polish to smooth it all out!

What are your thoughts? would a good wax / polish be better than paint protection for stopping water spots etc?

dumb&

Postby dumb& » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:20 pm

Paint protection is a scam. A decent polish, followed by wax/sealant (doing a few coats is always good if you have the time and arm for it). Will give far better protection than anything you get from a dealership.

Superintendent Chalmers
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby Superintendent Chalmers » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:29 pm

daveee wrote:Paint protection is a scam. A decent polish, followed by wax/sealant (doing a few coats is always good if you have the time and arm for it). Will give far better protection than anything you get from a dealership.

Yep, there isn't a substance alive that can protect car paint from a 40 degree celsius and 96% humidity summer day up here in the tropics. We have summer for 9 months a year up here. I put away an extra $20 a week so that I can get a respray in 2 years time.

DavidAnthony
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby DavidAnthony » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:34 pm

billyboy wrote:I use Meg's NXT car wash, its been great.

One thing I'm debating right now is if I should get paint protection reapplied the left side of the car following my accident, where it was re-spayed.

Spent this afternoon polishing the side up with Meg's Gold Class liquid wax & came out a silky smooth mirror finish. Better than the day I brought it home.

Bonnet is already showing a few micro scratches & feel restricted I cant give it a quick polish to smooth it all out!

What are your thoughts? would a good wax / polish be better than paint protection for stopping water spots etc?

Do you mean the clear bra type stuff?

I got a quote and the full kit is $695 and includes pieces for the front of the bonnet and guards, side mirrors, front bumper, behind the door handles and top of the rear bumper.

I'm not sure if i should go ahead with it.
RALLI//////ART

billyboy
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby billyboy » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:53 pm

^ Nah mate, referring to the chemical they coat the car that repels water spots & bird crap...

Return to “General Talk”