***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

best insurance company??

Start a Topic! Have Your Say & Talk About Anything.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

hobba
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

best insurance company??

Postby hobba » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:11 pm

im with Budget atm, but the guy i spoke to said any type of engine modification would void my insurance, even a new exaust that would be beneficial to the car would be a bad idea by them.. he said alot of companys are like that now so i was wondering what insurance companys are more leniant?

and with non engine type mods, if i chose not to tell them and required a claim does it work like warrenty? ie: if its not the cause then its fine?

aspir3
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby aspir3 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:20 pm

That is a hard one to answer.

Some are cheaper but then they scrimp when it come to repairing your car.

Others are more expensive and are more flexible when it comes to repairers and ensure your car is fixed properly.

I find it is good to speak to a few local crash repair shops about who are good insurance companies as they have to deal with them daily.

WTR
Lancer Evolution
Lancer Evolution

Postby WTR » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:41 pm

Age is your friend in this case .. older the better ..

and always include the mods in your application for the ins.

otherwise, when you have a prang they may not cover it.

klvru
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby klvru » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:53 pm

Sorry to hijack, as I will need to get a new insurance really soon.

Have you tried JustCar, from what I know they covered all legal mods? Not sure how good they are though!

Just got a online quote from them and I'm 21, 919 for comprehensive + 600 excess + 600 age excess :(

hobba
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby hobba » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:19 am

When mine runs out I might try just car..
Budget pretty much dont allow any engine mods from what the guy I spoke yo said. Even a new exhaust would void my insurance.
Ahwell. I'm not gunna do any big things like that for at least a year or two buy just car seems to be a good option.

brent0013
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby brent0013 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:19 am

just car is probably the best for mods

Jonesy
Lancer Newbie
Lancer Newbie

Postby Jonesy » Tue Oct 25, 2011 11:20 am

Personal advise after getting insurance twice. Always pay the bit extra and get rating one for life, especially if you are on your Ps as you are more than likely to need to make a claim, and once you make a claim, be prepared to fork out heaps more on when its time to renew.
Also I found when dealing with them, that calling made a big difference to online quotes. I was quoted about $130p/m online, but after calling I got $110, and on the day to I went to pick up the car, I phoned them and she said she could do it for $77... go figure, not sure how that worked but I told her "SOLD" and that was that.

I am 23 and on my red P's, went with NRMA(qld) and pay $77p/m (lancer aspire 2011 model). Excess goes $600 claim + $400 age excess if under 25. They also don't charge any extra for, and cover, all mods (or so they told me over phone).

Edit: Also note I made two claims with them in first year and they fixed me up reasonably quickly, and with no drama. Just remember when making a claim, never admit to having alcohol or drugs in your system int he last 24 hours, regardless of truth unless there is someone to prove otherwise. That one beer you had 15hours prior may be an excuse not to pay you... insurance HA (not a personal experience, but a friend)
Hope this helps with your hunt, best of luck

sleeper
Alumni
Alumni

Postby sleeper » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:28 pm

NRMA definately, as long as the car is roadworthy they dont care, u dont even have to list add ons :)
and guess what, they answer their phones promptly.
210 KWATW 400nm RALLIART Virtual Dyno 1/1
http://goo.gl/GrUosm

cj_sx_2011
Lancer Ralliart
Lancer Ralliart

Postby cj_sx_2011 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:26 pm

hey jacob, im with sgic, i pay 78 a month, and im 24.
im not sure if they allow engine mods i didnt ask, but they didnt mind if i had a catback exhaust, and lowered my car, and stereo upgrade. but most insurance companys dont allow engine mods and mistubishi warrenty for ur new car to.

Mitsi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mitsi » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:13 pm

We're with Suncorp, both over 25 but only paying $58.46 pm for our RA :)

Once company quoted over 100 pm and i had to call them because of 'age restrictions' with turbo's. She asked me how old i am (28), how long I'd had my license for (7 1/2 years) and if I'd driven a turbo before (last car '04 XT Forester) pmsl..
2010 Lancer Ralliart <3

turbogirl
Lancer MASTER
Lancer MASTER

Postby turbogirl » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:15 pm

I have found Suncorp good with car mods when others wouldn't insure my ol honda prelude, although when I got quote for ra (no mods) they wanted $105 per month and I have rating 1 and no claims ever, got good deal though qbe and 4 yr new replacement if written off.
turbogirl
Member's Liaison Officer
Executive Team

In debt and loving it

Return to “General Talk”