***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Leak?

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

ThrillCosby
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Leak?

Postby ThrillCosby » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:11 pm

I found a leak after going for a drive today. As far as I can tell it's just water.

It's emerging from somewhere above the beam at the front left hand side of the car.

These are the best pics I could take without getting out the jack. I'm not mechanical at all, but I checked the coolant/clutch and brake fluids and the levels were fine, and I can't really think of anything else.
Is it something air con related? Just normal condensation runoff? I had it running the whole drive.

This is looking down from the engine bay onto the leak, which is circled in red.

Anyone know?

denzza
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby denzza » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:32 pm

AIR CON :D
AUSTRALIA'S FIRST 4B11T ENGINE SWAP ON E85
FULL EVO X TURBO SETUP
APEXI ARC DESIGN INTAKE | RA BRAKE SETUP | APEXI N1 EVO -R 3" CAT BACK | UR CAT |
TUNED BY BEEBLE | EXEDY H/D CLUTCH
BC RACING BR COILOVERS

denzza
Lancer Legend
Lancer Legend

Postby denzza » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:33 pm

Its normal. Dont use the A/C for the day and see that there will be no water :)

Its just condensation
AUSTRALIA'S FIRST 4B11T ENGINE SWAP ON E85

FULL EVO X TURBO SETUP

APEXI ARC DESIGN INTAKE | RA BRAKE SETUP | APEXI N1 EVO -R 3" CAT BACK | UR CAT |

TUNED BY BEEBLE | EXEDY H/D CLUTCH

BC RACING BR COILOVERS

Kal777
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Kal777 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 7:36 pm

im not 100% sure, but i think there is a moisture catch for the heater core that comes out the firewall above that spot. pretty sure you can see it in your 1st photo above the electrical cable going into the firewall. when the air con is used for a long time and there is a higher level of moisture in the air it will collect and run out this plastic tube. so id say normal, i have the same thing from time to time.

someone correct me if im wrong though
Injen Cold Air Intake/K&N Invert Pod/BC BR Coilovers/Whiteline Strut Brace/DrIft Blade seats/Penrite HPR5/Penrite ProGear/PBR Gold Dot

ThrillCosby
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby ThrillCosby » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:06 pm

Thank you so much guys, I was hoping it was just the aircon but even so I was terrified! Made me realise how much I love my girl though.

So glad I ran it past you knowledgeable folks before making a fool of myself ringing Mitsu about it :)

Lancer1993
Genius
Genius

Postby Lancer1993 » Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:33 pm

I normally don't notice it in the garage as I back in and when I leave I usually move the car out as soon as it starts up, so the exhaust fumes don't fill the house. Same thing parking, I turn it off as soon as I'm in enough to close the garage door.

I only really notice it when I park at say the shops so the AC has been on and my car leaves a puddle and it runs out LOL
My rides CJ VRX - CC coupe

Return to “Maintenance”