***** ALERT - Nominations for your new ClubCJ Committee can be made here *****

Has anyone used Meguiars Scratch X?

Servicing, Oil Changes, Fluids & Much More.

Moderators: Moderators, Senior Moderators

peternguyen
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Has anyone used Meguiars Scratch X?

Postby peternguyen » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:07 pm

I just installed my X-Factor VRX spoiler and noticed that out of the box, the spoiler had a lot of swirls already and was fairly noticeable under light. I tried some Gold Class wax and it helped a bit, but I am considering Scratch X. Has anyone used this before? I understand it works by finely cutting the clear coat. Is this going to be detrimental on the paint in the long run? I don't know how good the paint quality (durability) on X-Factor stuff is.

bryzabone
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby bryzabone » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:43 am

better off trying swirl-x. scratch x might be too abrasive for your needs.

ive used swirl x on some old paint, with good results. remember, u have to repolish/wax, for a protective layer to the paint. This will remove that layer.
For every "Drive Safely" sign, shouldn't there be a "Resume Normal Driving" sign?

big_d
Lancer VR/GT
Lancer VR/GT

Postby big_d » Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:48 am

I use scratch-x on my black VRX on all visible scratch and it works wonders.
I agree that your best bet for the results you want is to use swirl-x.

Mitsi
Lancer VRX/GTS
Lancer VRX/GTS

Postby Mitsi » Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:57 pm

User to use it on our old black (with gold fleck) Forester and worked great on general swirls
2010 Lancer Ralliart <3

peternguyen
Lancer ES/EX
Lancer ES/EX

Postby peternguyen » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:06 pm

Thanks for the replies guys. I ended up using the Gold Class wax and it significantly improved the surface quality of the spoiler. I think I'll reserve Scratch X or Swirl X for later down the track.

fysh
Lancer Learner
Lancer Learner

Postby fysh » Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:09 pm

Hi guys I know this thread is old but I think it's something that will help others. I have had 3 people over 3 years hit my rear left quarter panel and rear left doors. I really think they must be careless parents or kids tbh. I have also hit a pole with my mirror at very slow speed manouevering out a car park which left a few white scratches on the blue paint.

Anyway all 4 locations are small but consist of white marks and 2 have minor paint scratches all the way through.

Today I used meguiars scratch x 2.0 after someone mentioned it here. I really recommend it for those scratches that need the white removed to make the scratch disappear or less noticeable. 2 scratches are very hard to spot if at all and the others may need a bit or touch up but in reality I am happy to leave them.

Return to “Maintenance”